Sr. Build / Release Engineer
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Your Ring of Security Starts at the Front Door
- Work with the development teams to setup new repos and build pipelines
- Help the DevOps and release engineers to improve deploy predictability and quality
- Versioning, deploying, and coordinating new releases
- Work with QA to drive better unit and integration coverage of build pipelines
- Care and feeding of build systems and tools
- Reporting of key quality metrics to the engineering team and working to improve speed and coverage of build pipelines
- Maintaining release boards in JIRA and ensuring release velocity
Must have 5+ Years of experience with
- Managing and configuring SCM systems such as Github, Gitlab, or Bitbucket
- Hands-on experience building and improving CI/CD pipelines supporting teams with different release schedules, testing needs, and code bases
- Experience with build systems such as Circle, Jenkins, CodeBuild, or Travis
- Binary repository systems such as DockerHub, Artifactory, ECR, etc.
- High degree of comfort working in AWS or similar cloud providers with containerized builds and deploys
- Track record of working with developers to improve build and release processes.
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language (preferably multiple) such as shell, python, perl, or ruby
- Direct experience with orchestration tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible, or ChefAbility to leverage tools to drive metrics and results in the build process
- Demonstrated commitment to code quality, documentation, and test automation
Nice to have
- Working with firmware or embedded systems build pipelines
- Experience normalizing unit and coverage tests
About Ring Inc.
The Ring Story If not for my wife, the Ring™ Video Doorbell would not exist. Inventors come up with a lot of bad ideas and she has heard them all. One night I shared my idea for reinventing the doorbell. She loved it! Not just for the obvious convenience but for the security of now being able to safely answer the door from anywhere. She said “This is like caller ID for the front door” I hope that you enjoy the Ring™ Video Doorbell as much as we do, and I look forward to hearing your stories about the product.