Sr. Firmware WIFI Engineer
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Your Ring of Security Starts at the Front Door
- Optimization of RF MAC protocols for best performance (robustness & throughput) in Ring’s application. Optimization of WLAN, BT, BLE, Zigbee, MAC layers, etc.
- Stress testing and validating protocol enhancements
- Root causing field connectivity issues
- Defining new and modifying existing L1-3 and higher layer protocols to perform specific needed tasks
- Integrate radio device drivers into RTOS and Linux systems
- Multi-tasking work across multiple products
- Evaluation of new RF technologies, Vendor evolution and leading performance comparison testing
- Experience in WLAN protocols such as rate adaptation algorithms, QoS, Encryption and security, Authentication, Power Save, Multicast, Broadcast, Unicast packets usage, Roaming, Mesh Networking, Scan, auto channel selection, etc.
- Basic understanding of radio layer CSMA/CD, Diversity, STBC, MRC, MIMO, OFDM. Convolution Encoding, FEC, etc.
- Experience in IP stack protocols particularly as related to getting a device on a network: DHCP, DNS, DLNA, Bonjour, proxies, etc.
- Experience in other protocols like BLE, Zigbee, their hardware abstraction layers, application layers and profiles
- Communicate clearly
- Hands on
- C/C++ coding experience
- Experience working in both RTOS and Linux environments
- Working ability to read schematics and component data sheets. Strong documentation and writing skills in English
- Matlab simulation
Experience and Education
- 10 years industry experience designing consumer electronics products with emphasis on radio frequency communication devices using industry standard protocols such as Bluetooth, WiFi, ZigBee, etc.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
About Ring Inc.
The Ring Story If not for my wife, the Ring™ Video Doorbell would not exist. Inventors come up with a lot of bad ideas and she has heard them all. One night I shared my idea for reinventing the doorbell. She loved it! Not just for the obvious convenience but for the security of now being able to safely answer the door from anywhere. She said “This is like caller ID for the front door” I hope that you enjoy the Ring™ Video Doorbell as much as we do, and I look forward to hearing your stories about the product.
Want to learn more about Ring Inc.? Visit Ring Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Design Technologist
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
Senior Android Application Engineer
Everwise, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Respondent Management
Qualtrics , Seattle
Thermal Analysis Engineer
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Sr. Database Engineer
Fitbit, US - Boston