Sr Production Service Engineer
Ring, Santa Monica, CA
Your Ring of Security Starts at the Front Door
- As first line in problem response, the Sr Production Service Engineer must quickly respond/diagnose service impacting issues to resolution or proper escalation
- Input on service catalog development including identifying dependencies, deficiencies and performance reporting methodologies on individual services
- Implement and manage service monitoring tools including agent-based application monitoring, log analysis/trending and health metrics
- Timely and frequent communication impact/status on active events in line with SLA
- Responsible for proactive detection of service impacting performance faults through monitoring, alerts, etc.
- Documentation of application flows, monitoring techniques and resolution playbooks
- Interface operationally on a highly technical level with engineering and development groups, maintaining end to end consideration in service impact across multiple layers
- On-call duties as required
- Key part of constant improvement process. Recommending and implementing solutions to mitigate repeat issues and early detection
- 7+ years of experience working with systems and engineering
- 7+ years of experience supporting protocols and technologies (DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, LDAP, radius, scripting (bash, perl or python) on Linux platforms)
- 7+ years of experience supporting enterprise infrastructure including systems and applications.
- 7+ years of experience working with monitoring and automation tools (Splunk, Ansible, etc)
- 7+ years of experience in executing IT strategic plans in collaboration with business and technical organizations.
- 7+ years of experience in cloud-based service hosting solutions.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to Communicate/escalate issues to appropriate functional areas with supporting evidence from application logs, pcap, service trend data etc.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and customer service skills
- Lead for speed attitude, with the capability of making the rightest decisions given available information with priority on customer experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with discretion and sound independent judgment.
- An analytical mindset with the ability to visualize, articulate, and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems and concepts, and make decisions that make sense based on available information
- Strong interpersonal skills through keen understanding of their own behavior and work style with tolerance of other’s styles, needs and viewpoints. Consideration for others through courtesy, respect, humility and a service-oriented attitude.
- Appreciation, understanding and ability to thrive in an autonomous work environment with the ability to work in self-organizing Teams towards a common goal.
- An appreciation and focus on the full stack of technologies driving a solution/experience including network, systems, application, data and monitoring
Ring is on a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone. Ring lets you stop crime before it happens. Because with Ring, you’re always home.