- Taking high level direction and turn a strategic plan into a tactical plan
- Working with stakeholders to identify areas of opportunity and agree upon requirements
- Defining problem spaces/opportunities, writing detailed product specs, scoping efforts, maintaining documentation, and managing a cross-functional team to deliver against those requests
- Creating and prioritizing a backlog of requirements with input from all stakeholders
- Continuously evaluating the competitive landscape and critically thinking about how others’ strategies may or may not fit into our own
- Identifying key performance indicators, striving for improvement, and communicating progress
- Ability to lead and influence
- Domain and technical expertise
- Critical thinking & decision making
- Execution and communication of roadmap
- Stakeholder management: must be able to communicate with all levels, from PR to community support, BI, data management, devs, security, legal, C-levels, et al.
- Must be familiar with SDLC (agile experience a plus), including
- New product planning, from concept to feasibility and definition
- New product introduction, from development to launch
- Post-launch product management, from strategic to tactical management
- Conflict resolution amongst teammates
- Ability to tactfully repurpose/reject ideas when proposed with suboptimal solutions
- Leadership. Getting others to work with you when they don’t work for you. Building consensus amongst stakeholders
- Continuous growth mindset. Willing to learn new skills/different areas of the business/how the product fits into the bigger picture, etc.
About Ring Inc.
The Ring Story If not for my wife, the Ring™ Video Doorbell would not exist. Inventors come up with a lot of bad ideas and she has heard them all. One night I shared my idea for reinventing the doorbell. She loved it! Not just for the obvious convenience but for the security of now being able to safely answer the door from anywhere. She said “This is like caller ID for the front door” I hope that you enjoy the Ring™ Video Doorbell as much as we do, and I look forward to hearing your stories about the product.
Want to learn more about Ring Inc.? Visit Ring Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Scientist, Product Analytics
**SUMMER 2018 INTERNSHIP** Product Management Intern - MBA
XO Group, New York
Breather, Montreal Office
EMC Test & Validation Engineer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Data Scientist - Summer Intern
Yelp, San Francisco, CA