Sr. Audio DSP Algorithm Engineer
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Your Ring of Security Starts at the Front Door
- Research, implementation and testing of audio DSP algorithms such as: Equalization Filtering, Echo Cancellers, Automatic Gain Control, Compression, Limiters. Implemented in DSP or directly in C as needed.
- MATLAB simulation and verification of audio solutions.
- Subjective and objective audio testing using acoustic test equipment, with aim of achieving the best psychoacoustic quality with optimal loudness and minimal power.
- Participate in hardware selection and specification of speakers, microphones, DSPs and power amplifiers, etc.
- Optimizing acoustic performance of currently shipping products.
- Participate in bring up of new SoCs, chipsets, sensors, and products.
- Deep understanding of audio hardware and audio DSP algorithms.
- Familiar with common DSP algorithms such as Equalization Filtering, Echo Cancellers, Automatic Gain Control, Compression, Normalization.
- Strong C/C++ and MATLAB Simulink or similar simulation environment.
- Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and Linux experience
- Excellent documentation skills, developing highly modular and extensible code with the aim of high re-use across a variety of platforms and products.
Additional Highly Useful Skills
- Familiar with audio and speech compression standards such as MP3, AAC, A-law, mu-law, etc.
- Familiar with audio transport protocols RTSP, SIP, etc.
- Familiar with Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) and TI’s PurePath Studio Graphical Development Environment
- Knowledge of microphone arrays and beamforming, noise cancellation, far-field audio processing, de-reverberation.
- An interest in audio analytics such as sound classification.
Work Experience and Education
- 5+ years of knowledge in Audio and/or digital signal processing required
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
About Ring Inc.
The Ring Story If not for my wife, the Ring™ Video Doorbell would not exist. Inventors come up with a lot of bad ideas and she has heard them all. One night I shared my idea for reinventing the doorbell. She loved it! Not just for the obvious convenience but for the security of now being able to safely answer the door from anywhere. She said “This is like caller ID for the front door” I hope that you enjoy the Ring™ Video Doorbell as much as we do, and I look forward to hearing your stories about the product.
Want to learn more about Ring Inc.? Visit Ring Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - DevOps
Helix, San Carlos
Cloudflare, London, UK
Software Engineer, Commerce/Payments
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Senior QA Engineer
Cherwell Software, Seattle, WA
Quality Engineering Lead (m/f) Barcelona
Director Financial Systems and Tools