Head of China Operations
Enabling the world to move value like it moves information today
Ripple is sharpening its focus on the dynamic cross-border payments rails in and out of China! We are looking for our first set of feet on the ground in China to launch and operationalize our team there. While you won’t be doing this on your own, the role requires an extremely high level of autonomy, entrepreneurial energy and business savviness to smoothly bring our new international office to life. This role directly reports to the CEO of SBI Ripple Asia, a joint venture between Ripple and SBI Holdings.
What you will do:
- Partner with the Ripple and SBI Ripple Asia leadership teams to define and execute a strategy that will enable Ripple China to become a significant contributor to the growing Ripple network
- Establish and foster relationships with all members of Ripple’s ecosystem (banks, partners, regulators) in China
- Generate leads and drive sales bookings for Ripple products and services to financial institutions in China
- Establish strategic partnerships that help expand Ripple’s payments network
- Hire and manage a lean cross-functional team (Sales, Partnerships, Marketing, Customer Success and Regulatory Relationships) in conjunction with business leaders across the two companies
- Engage actively with Ripple and SBI Ripple Asia to offer insights into local needs and trends; support sales targets, service delivery and satisfaction metrics
Who you are:
- Seasoned entrepreneur with an execution mindset who has experience building a high-performance team from the ground up; somebody who loves getting down to the details and wearing many hats in order to drive results
- Deeply familiar with China’s financial services landscape (banks, payments, regulatory issues, etc.) & has an established network of contacts
- Strong communicator of ideas with the ability to engage and lead client and Ripple teams in challenging the status quo, implementing change and driving action
- Demonstrated ability to attract, develop and retain talent in an entrepreneurial environment
- Proven success in consulting, marketing or product management in financial services, banking technology or payments is essential
- 7-10 years experience in China’s market is critical, ideally with high-growth tech or fintech companies
- Native-level and professional proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is a must
- A postgraduate business qualification highly desired
SBI Ripple Asia was established in 2016 as a joint venture between Ripple and SBI Holdings to collaboratively expand into the Asia region by combining Ripple’s technology and SBI’s local expertise in Asia.
Overview Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network, financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets. With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Sydney, India, Singapore and Luxembourg, Ripple has more than 100 customers around the world.
Want to learn more about Ripple? Visit Ripple's website.
Jobs You May Like
Full Stack Developer
Live Oak Bank, Wilmington HQ
Publisher Sales Development Rep
Taboola, New York
Aquicore, Washington, DC
Join our Talent Network
Intersection, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Secaucus
Director, Business Development (Retail Partnerships)
Happiness Manager (Accounts and Crew Manager)
Oh My Green, South Bay, San Francisco, CA