VP of Engineering, RippleNet
Ripple, San Francisco
Enabling the world to move value like it moves information today
Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders, however, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple solves this problem. We connect banks, payment providers, corporates, and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally. Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery.
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented, technically confident Vice President of Engineering. You’ll help build the next generation of payment applications that enable financial institutions to instantly settle cross-border payments and move toward an Internet of Value.
What you’ll do:
- Grow and nurture teams that deliver outstanding results to our customers
- Facilitate delivery of cross team initiatives
- Develop and be a model for engineering culture at Ripple
- Lead 6 engineering teams (and growing) that make up RippleNet
- Responsible for the xCurrent, xVia, and xRapid products, along with SDLC and associated processes
- Focus on results while thinking strategically and balancing both short and long term strategies
- Deliver consistently great results and being a role model for other engineers
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with Product and a shared vision with Management, Ops, Security, Research, Customer Success and Business Development teams
- Own and deliver your roadmap
What you look like:
- 12+ years of Engineering Leadership Experience
- You lead high performing engineering teams by motivating your team and leading by example to continuously innovate, improve and think differently
- You have a bias towards action and make decisions after considering competing viewpoints
- You’re curious and Architectural thinking
- You have managed, hired and grown engineering teams of 50+ team members
- You have demonstrated success building highly scalable APIs / backend platforms / distributed systems / data access layers, etc.
- You have experience in building full stack transactional systems (preferably in payments / banking / e-commerce domains)
- You have successfully recruited high performing teammates
- You thrive on autonomy and responsibility
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Overview Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network, financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets. With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Sydney, India, Singapore and Luxembourg, Ripple has more than 100 customers around the world.