Product Marketing Manager, DeFi
Ripple, San Francisco, CA, United States
Enabling the world to move value like it moves information today
Ripple is looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Product Marketing Manager to lead strategy around DeFi. DeFi has been growing tremendously in recent years and is now a sector worth over $100B. We believe that the XRP Ledger, which is a decentralized public blockchain, is ideal for DeFi due its performance characteristics and native functionality. This person will be dedicated to growing the DeFi use case so the XRPL is the top blockchain for DeFi ecosystem participants.
Candidates should enjoy solving complex problems and rapidly formulating a clear point-of-view. This person will not just execute, but also be involved heavily in strategizing and analyzing. Market sizing, competitive analysis, audience segmentation and other go-to-market planning will all be part of the role. The ideal candidate can collaborate with others and inspire and influence cross functionally. Preference for those who have a provable passion for blockchain and have worked with open source technologies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Use your deep understanding of DeFi to create a strategy for bringing DeFi to XRPL
- Be well versed on XRPL and its performance characteristics
- Work closely with cross functional teams to ensure an aligned go-to-market approach
- Analyze competitive blockchains and monitor their success in this space
- Represent the voice of developers internally across the company
- Craft audience segmentation and corresponding positioning and messaging
- Understand any roadblocks to XRPL adoption
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years of work experience, mainly in Product Marketing within an entrepreneurial environment
- Passionate and familiar with cryptocurrency, blockchain and DeFi ecosystems
- Strong background in financial trading
- Core skill set in strategy, positioning and packaging
- Experience with open source technologies preferred
- Proven ability to collaborate with others across functions in a highly matrixed organization
- Excel at simplifying complex concepts in messaging and differentiated positioning
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
Overview Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network, financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets. With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Sydney, India, Singapore and Luxembourg, Ripple has more than 100 customers around the world.
Want to learn more about Ripple? Visit Ripple's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!