Senior DevOps Engineer
Ripple, San Francisco, CA, United States
Enabling the world to move value like it moves information today
RippleX is a division at Ripple focused on accelerating adoption of the digital asset XRP and the XRP Ledger in blockchain projects across industries and technologies. RippleX aims to build a robust ecosystem of third-party developers, projects and companies that build, grow and monetize their applications on XRP, and other blockchain technologies.
RippleX is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented engineer to help build out our developer infrastructure in order to enable a next-generation crypto liquidity platform.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will play a critical role helping to advance Ripple's development and production infrastructure, working with our Operations Team to facilitate our DevOps process, including deployment, monitoring, instrumentation and overall infrastructure management.
- Build automation into our process and support continuous integration
- Manage our deployment process
- Build and utilize monitoring tools
- Help move our reliability to 99.99%
- Participate in a robust and fair on-call framework
- Extensive cloud deployment/systems experience, preferably with GCP or AWS.
- 5+ years experience working in DevOps / System Administration
- A desire to get the best out of everyone on their team
- Recognition of the importance of automation on scalability and reliability
- Startup experience a big plus
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline orchestration including spinning up/down environments for automated regression testing and containerization
- Experience maintaining storage systems for dependencies and artifacts of build pipelines
- Experience with administration of Docker or Kubernetes infrastructure
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Gitlab
- Experience with Helm
- Experience with Terraform
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
Overview Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network, financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets. With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Sydney, India, Singapore and Luxembourg, Ripple has more than 100 customers around the world.
Want to learn more about Ripple? Visit Ripple's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.