Senior Software Engineer (DevOps), Compliance and Risk Engineering
Ripple, London, United Kingdom
Enabling the world to move value like it moves information today
Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
The Senior Software Engineer will build the next generation of payment/crypto compliance, financial accounting, risk monitoring services to support a global payments business. Payments using crypto requires innovative solutions to emerging business needs in this advancing field. This role provides opportunities to think out-of-the box to solve traditional and non-traditional problems using non-traditional approaches. To support a growing business, the Senior Software Engineer will drive quick delivery of features whilst ensuring high performance and resilient solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build enterprise, business operations services including compliance, financial accounting, risk monitoring to support a payments business that uses crypto to deliver an innovative experience to customers.
- Prototype new solutions for complex software problems and implement them for on premise and cloud deployments and use cases
- Work with wider engineering team on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of core products
- Be a technical subject matter expert and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience in DevOps in cloud native with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, log file management and reporting, Vault, Security, monitoring etc.
- Experience deploying large scale distributed transactional systems (preferably in payments / banking / e-commerce domains) with Java (with Spring/Spring Boot Framework) and backed by RDMS, with web front ends.
- Experience of CI/CD tools and methodologies.
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security
- Enjoy working openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Modern office location in Bank/Central London
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Training in our Headquarters in San Francisco, CA, USA
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
Overview Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network, financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets. With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Sydney, India, Singapore and Luxembourg, Ripple has more than 100 customers around the world.
Want to learn more about Ripple? Visit Ripple's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.