Due Diligence Specialist
Ripple, São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Enabling the world to move value like it moves information today
Ripple is expanding its Global AML & Sanctions Compliance team and seeks to hire an experienced Due Diligence Specialist that is fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish. This position will be heavily focused on carrying out Enhanced Due Diligence on institutional clients to ensure compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), Counter-Terrorist Financing, Economic Sanctions regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”) and USA PATRIOT Act. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Due Diligence.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Conduct Customer Due Diligence and EDD on prospective customers that onboard to Ripple’s U.S. and non-U.S. wholly owned regulated subsidiaries
- Conduct Know Your Customer (“KYC”) analysis and risk profiles in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Conduct watchlist screening and dispositioning tasks, escalating any cases requiring additional review
- Conduct screening of customers and third parties for negative news, escalating any items requiring additional attention
- Collect, synthesize, and analyze data derived from multiple sources, including publicly available databases and websites
- Identify information gaps and recommend action items to close any gaps identified
- Clearly summarize, document, and communicate findings and recommended action items in a timely manner to compliance management and/or other internal stakeholders when appropriate
- Assist the Senior Due Diligence Manager in special / ad hoc projects related to the due diligence program
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Must be fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish and able to translate official documents
- 3-4 years of experience in BSA/AML and KYC compliance at customer onboarding with a financial institution
- Demonstrated knowledge of AML and OFAC regulations, requirements, and tools
- Strong public data research and report writing skills
- Comfortable executing independently in a team environment with minimal supervision
- An attention to detail and a sense of curiosity
- CAMS certification a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health plans for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Meal allowance
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Training in our Headquarters in San Francisco, CA, USA
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
Overview Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network, financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets. With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Sydney, India, Singapore and Luxembourg, Ripple has more than 100 customers around the world.
Want to learn more about Ripple? Visit Ripple's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.