What Is Ritual?
Ritual is applying mobile technology to redefine the way millions of people interact with local businesses everyday.
Ritual is a technology company and a smartphone app which provides instant access to a complete assortment of everyday coffee and food items from local spots - at the push of a button.
As a member of Ritual’s growing design team, you’ll work across all aspects of the Ritual product to improve the experience for both our users and our restaurant partners.
You’ll be responsible for designing components and interfaces for mobile and desktop that are both beautiful and functional, participating in user research interviews and UX testing sessions, building interactive prototypes and contributing to the creation of communication assets that promote and help users understand why and how to use Ritual.
In this role, you’ll work closely with senior members of our design team, our product and engineering teams. That means you have to be not only a great designer, but a great communicator with the ability to understand difficult problems from multiple perspectives and constructively contribute to defining solutions.
We might be a good match if...
- You have designed and shipped multiple apps, or have gone through multiple release cycles on a larger project.
- You’ve weathered release cycles and know what details matter at each stage, how to collaborate with engineers to get the fit and finish right, how to translate insights from user studies into meaningful action, and be pragmatic about what’s most likely to go wrong at each stage.
- You can share several shining examples of real work you've shipped, and what you learned along the way.
- You know that a good design requires research and multiple iterations.
- You are able to explain how your best work came to be, and you can show us the processes you went through.
- You know all modern design practices by heart and can be creative to come up with better solutions under tight timelines.
- Your portfolio has some best-in-class work. You're a walking encyclopedia of microinteractions in use (on mobile, web, desktop, etc), and have nuanced views on how to make many of them even better.
- You substantially contribute to defining the 'what' as well as the 'how'.
- You're a product manager's secret weapon. You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, not just translating them into designs. You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from teammates.
Big plus if you...
- Have experience with prototyping your designs and know how to test them with users.
- You’ve prototyped on multiple platforms. You’ve made last-minute tweaks between user studies. You know how to be all kinds of quick and dirty, but dream of better prototyping tools.
- Know the data you'd need to make a (design) decision, and are comfortable with searching our extensive databases to get the data you need.
- Data and analytics don’t scare you, and you know which features can act as force multipliers on your company’s business model.
Cross-platform is your style.
- Hopefully you’ve shipped something across several platforms. You know what translates from desktop and what doesn’t, or why you’d opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android.
- Extensive experience designing beautiful customer experiences for the web, iPhone, iPad or Android
- 2+ years experience that includes UI, UX, and interaction design
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision and Framer.
- Solid understanding of grid systems and typography
- You're more concerned with the 'why' than the 'how'
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Daily Ritual credits for you to spend at the best coffee & lunch spots in town
- Competitive salaries – we strive to pay top market compensation
- Every Ritual employee owns equity and becomes a shareholder
- Health coverage & life insurance plans to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy – work hard and take time when you need it
- Work with truly world-class peers in a super-fun office and be part of one of the fastest growing
About us At Ritual, we're passionate about connecting you to great food through exceptional mobile technology. We make daily routines extraordinary by providing you with elite status at the best local restaurants and giving you the ability to enjoy your favourite lunches and coffees effortlessly.
Want to learn more about Ritual? Visit Ritual's website.
Jobs You May Like
User Experience Designer
Senior Product Designer
Prolific Interactive, Brooklyn, NY
Senior Interaction Designer
Freelance UX/UI Designer (m/f/x)
User Experience Designer
Unity Technical Artist
Niantic inc., Seattle Area (Bellevue)