Ritual’s mission is to digitize local commerce. We are a two-sided marketplace connecting consumers to their local merchants to make the purchasing of goods and service more efficient. Our initial product focuses on creating a social food ordering experience that allows users to pre-order take-out at their local restaurants. We make it easy to place group orders and have a co-worker deliver your lunch or coffee right to your desk. Our value-add for merchants is to increase their order volume and repeat business. Additionally, we provide merchants with valuable insights into their local customer behaviour, allowing for highly targeted local marketing campaigns.
Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs and ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, the company has grown to 150 people and has raised $125 million in venture funding. We are currently partnering with over 3,000 restaurants in 10 cities across North America, including Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Toronto, Washington, DC. While continuing to grow in North America, we are also looking to expand internationally into Europe and Asia. More than 44,500 teams across companies like Goldman Sachs, Oath, Spotify and SpotHero have formed on Ritual.
About the Team
The engineering team at Ritual is a small and tight-knit unit. We are driven to deliver high-quality software as quickly as possible to our end users. We are extremely data-driven in our decisions about the product and constantly iterate to provide best customer experience. We are problem solvers while remaining business-minded and customer-focused.
We are mostly a Java shop hosted on Google Cloud Platform. We are currently in the process of transitioning a monolithic codebase on AppEngine to microservices using Docker/Kubernetes communicating over gRPC. Our data layer is mainly in MySQL, Memcache, and BigQuery. Our customers interact with the application through native iOS and Android apps as well as a web (React) interface. We take a project-based agile approach to software development.
Each engineering subteam is very small and everyone’s contributions are significant. Everyone is needed to keep progress moving.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced iOS developer to help us design and build reliable applications support our customers and growing business. We are looking for someone with a passion for developing mission-critical software that delights and engages users. If you value simplicity, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and are excited to learn, we’d like to talk to you.
Technical leadership at Ritual requires impact and ownership. A senior iOS engineer at Ritual is expected to be effective in the following areas:
- Contribute to architecture. You understand large areas of our mobile applications system and are able to reuse or add new components to existing architecture.
- iOS Community. You are aware of and follow the iOS community for open source projects and SDKs. You can’t wait to hear about the cool new stuff every year at WWDC. Bonus points if you’re a contributor.
- Scalability and performance. You are always mindful of scalability and demonstrate a meaningful understanding of scalable design and performance choices.
- From product requirement to feature delivery. You work independently or lead a small team that can quickly turn product requirements into testable experiments and production ready code.
- Code quality & code review. You have a passion for quality code and maintain a high standard of style; enforce/update existing patterns and help to teach others why it’s important.
- Team oriented. You build tools that make the whole team more productive. Improve tools and processes when needed.
- Knowledge transfer & mentorship. You share the knowledge you've gathered and helped the rest of the team grow.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience delivering high-quality software.
- Experience building iOS applications. Android application development a bonus
- Strong OOP & Mobile Architecture Design Skills.
- Preference for experience with Protocol Buffers and mass market iOS applications.
- Familiarity with XCode or equivalent as well as familiarity with Cocoapods or Carthage.
- Interest in working on a rapidly changing, ever-evolving systems.
Nice To Haves
- Technical leadership and team management experience.
- Experience with Android Studio, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Familiarity working with using and building APIs.
- A Github account with cool projects in it.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product that our customers love.
- Competitive compensation package and equity in the business.
- Healthcare coverage and a generous vacation policy.
- We eat our own dogfood. You will get a daily credit in-app credit towards lunches and coffees.
- Your choice of the development environment to make you most productive.
- A pantry full of snacks.
- Fun company-sponsored events and off sites
About us At Ritual, we're passionate about connecting you to great food through exceptional mobile technology. We make daily routines extraordinary by providing you with elite status at the best local restaurants and giving you the ability to enjoy your favourite lunches and coffees effortlessly.
Want to learn more about Ritual? Visit Ritual's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enigma, New York, NY
Engineering Manager, xRapid
Ripple, San Francisco, CA
Full Stack Engineer
Blockstack, New York, NY or Remote
Climb, Las Vegas
Staff Technical Writer (Bilingual Japanese/English)
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
MoneyLion, Kuala Lumpur