- Ritual is a technology company that makes a smartphone app which provides instant access to a complete assortment of everyday coffee and food items from local spots - at the push of a button.
- On another level, Ritual is about applying mobile technology, CRM, and world-class operations teams to redefine the way millions of people interact with local businesses everyday.
Everyone at Ritual has the passion, drive, and creativity to shape the future of mobile commerce. In an industry where sideways momentum and common products & services are the norm, we have the rare opportunity to make everyday extraordinary for our customers.
Visit http://www.ritual.co for more details.
Growth Software Engineering @ Ritual
The growth team is fundamentally involved in all aspects of the company, from optimizing the mobile app's flows, to experimenting with marketing strategies, to developing entirely new product features, and more. We operate on the principle that all these challenges and opportunities are best approached with a data-driven approach and hard numbers.
As a consequence, one of the core focuses of of growth-engineering is collecting, storing, and analysing product data. The job is never done and we are always making improvements (whether infrastructure, algorithm, or process) that can give us the extra insight into the problems we face.
Some of our other recent projects include implementing scalable ETL pipelines, applying machine learning for referral recommendations, and developing powerful and extensible reporting tools.
As the company continues to scale, the growth team is building a self-sufficient and high-paced team that is able to take concepts from ideation to execution to success. If you are excited to tackle a large variety of difficult problems and eager to see your work have direct impact on the business, we're looking for you.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with front-end/web development and tooling
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems and a willingness to take on new product features
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Strong coding ability, regardless of which language you use or how you learned it
- Belief in good software design - you are able to balance the present and the future
- You enjoy collaboration with others - our work isn’t carried out in a vacuum, and everyone contributes to get the job done
- You understand that making mistakes means you’re learning
- You have a constant desire to grow and develop
- You are comfortable in a high-paced environment, and can respond to urgent requests
You must be
- Fast learner. We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one size fits all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our rapidly evolving business environment
- Versatile. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the your area of specialty, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact performance of your application.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build scalable, robust and fault-tolerant services. You stay up to date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passionate. You feel complete and absolute ownership over everything you ship; you seek to understand all aspects of your work, and are always on the lookout for ways to do it better.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. You understand how to be pragmatic. Whether you are working on a small feature or massive system level project, your attention to detail leads to a delightful user experience
Bonus points if you have
- Insightful opinions about startup growth and data analytics
- Intuitive understanding of user behaviours and ux patterns
- Past experience with warehousing data and database management
- A Github account with cool projects in it
- Scary amazing debugging skills
About us At Ritual, we're passionate about connecting you to great food through exceptional mobile technology. We make daily routines extraordinary by providing you with elite status at the best local restaurants and giving you the ability to enjoy your favourite lunches and coffees effortlessly.
Want to learn more about Ritual? Visit Ritual's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning & Recommendations
Pocket, San Francisco, Mountain View
Senior DevOps Engineer
Versus Systems, Los Angeles, CA
Director of Partner Engagement, LatAm
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Customer Success Manager (Mandarin Speaking)
Process Equipment Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Senior Software Engineer, Microservices Team
Updater, New York, NY