Robinhood is changing the way America invests. We believe our financial system should work for everyone and not just a few. We offer commission-free trading for stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies—all in one, user-friendly platform. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve enabled millions of people to participate in the markets, cementing us as the fastest-growing brokerage ever.
What Sets Us Apart:
- High standard of engineering quality.
- Solve unique scalability challenges.
- Learn how the US financial system works on the inside.
- High impact roles at a relatively small company for our user base.
As a Backend Engineer, you will:
- Have a dedicated mentor in the first months who will review your code and help you get ramped up.
- Build, test, and release product-facing features with stringent correctness and scalability requirements. These features could be related to market data, trading, accounting, authentication, or security.
- Design a solution with other engineers and the ops team to fix a scalability problem and then implement it.
- Work with our frontend team to fine tune our REST API.
- Collaborate with our data team to support millions of customers.
- Contribute to open source projects.
Some skills we consider critical to being a Backend Engineer:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Solid understanding of relational databases and transactions.
- Comfortable writing highly concurrent systems.
- Good intuition for REST API design.
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go is a plus.
Core Tech Stack:
- Python/Django, Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice.
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store.
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer.
- Celery as our task queue using RabbitMQ.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
About us Robinhood is a new way to invest in the stock market. For more information about Robinhood, visit www.robinhood.com Zero-dollar ($0) commissions are available for Robinhood Financial self-directed individual cash or margin brokerage accounts that trade U.S. listed securities via mobile devices. Please see our Commission and Fee Schedule. Robinhood communications and communications emanating from its social media community are for informational purposes only and are not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. The Robinhood website provides its users links to social media sites and email. The linked social media and email messages are pre-populated. However, these messages can be deleted or edited by Robinhood users, who are under no obligation to send any pre-populated messages. All market prices, data and other information available through Robinhood are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not reflect the views of Robinhood Markets Inc., Robinhood Financial, LLC or any of the subsidiaries or affiliates. All investments involve risk and the past performance of a security, or financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. There is always the potential of losing money when you invest in securities, or other financial products. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing. By posting wall comments on Linkedin, you agree to hold harmless Robinhood Markets Inc., Robinhood Financial, LLC or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates All securities and investments are offered to self-directed customers by Robinhood Financial, LLC, member FINRA (www.finra.org) & SIPC (www.sipc.org). Robinhood Financial, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robinhood Markets, Inc.