Robinhood is changing the way America invests. We believe our financial system should work for everyone and not just a few. We offer commission-free trading for stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies—all in one, user-friendly platform. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve enabled millions of people to participate in the markets, cementing us as the fastest-growing brokerage ever.
About the Role
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work within our Security Engineering team to build tools and services that secure our platform and our users. As a Software Security Engineer, you will be responsible for building services that protect our users from attacks such as account takeover, phishing, and other such common attacks. You will also work with the backend engineering team to build out microservices that our APIs can interact with for central services such as authentication, authorization, and risk monitoring. You will be critical in further developing our user trust and safety infrastructure to ensure that our users’ data and information is protected using the best mechanisms available. You will work with our data science team to understand risk and attack patterns to build threat intelligence tools to help predict potential attacks against the platform and defend against these patterns as well.
As a Software Security Engineer you will:
- Build microservices for core infrastructure such as authentication
- Work with the product and backend engineering teams to build a user trust and safety product
- Work with the security team to fix any security bugs that are identified
- Work with the data science team to use patterns of suspicious activity to proactively build tools to prevent such activity.
Some things we consider critical to being a Software Security Engineer :
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud systems
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, or other container based systems.
- Proficiency in Python, or similar dynamic programming language.
- Proficiency in SQL and SQL-like databases
- Experience building standalone APIs that can be consumed by various types of clients
- Experience working with Security, DevOps, and Incident Response teams.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with deployment tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with web frameworks (EmberJS, ReactJS, etc.)
- Experience with data warehousing and data analysis
- Experience in Finance and portfolio trading.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
About us Robinhood is a new way to invest in the stock market. For more information about Robinhood, visit www.robinhood.com Zero-dollar ($0) commissions are available for Robinhood Financial self-directed individual cash or margin brokerage accounts that trade U.S. listed securities via mobile devices. Please see our Commission and Fee Schedule. Robinhood communications and communications emanating from its social media community are for informational purposes only and are not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. The Robinhood website provides its users links to social media sites and email. The linked social media and email messages are pre-populated. However, these messages can be deleted or edited by Robinhood users, who are under no obligation to send any pre-populated messages. All market prices, data and other information available through Robinhood are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not reflect the views of Robinhood Markets Inc., Robinhood Financial, LLC or any of the subsidiaries or affiliates. All investments involve risk and the past performance of a security, or financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. There is always the potential of losing money when you invest in securities, or other financial products. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing. By posting wall comments on Linkedin, you agree to hold harmless Robinhood Markets Inc., Robinhood Financial, LLC or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates All securities and investments are offered to self-directed customers by Robinhood Financial, LLC, member FINRA (www.finra.org) & SIPC (www.sipc.org). Robinhood Financial, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robinhood Markets, Inc.
Want to learn more about Robinhood? Visit Robinhood's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Developer (m/f)
Sr. Network Engineer
PlayStation, Austin, TX
Senior Software Engineer, Experimentation Platform
Slack, San Francisco
United Technologies Digital, New York
Senior Software Engineer, Programmatic
Intersection, New York
Engineering Lead - Platform
Lalamove, Hong Kong