About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is seeking an ambitious and experienced security professional to drive the security culture at one of our offices based in Lake Mary, Florida. The ideal candidate is an expert people manager with experience working cross-functionally with internal and external partners on all physical security matters impacting their assigned site. Using advanced project management skills, this individual will take charge of projects varying in scope and size to deliver results in a timely and efficient manner. Remaining up-to-date on the local security environment and identify emerging security trends which impact the business will be a key component of this role.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Managing the physical security teams, including 24/7 security services for routine operations, internal and external events, and a reception team
- Ensuring compliance with policies and standards set forth by physical security senior leadership
- Assisting with security and safety awareness training programs for their site
- Maintaining relationships with local and federal law enforcement agencies
- Building partnerships with internal stakeholders to enable their work and to maintain a secure working environment
- Managing incidents while ensuring swift resolution, minimal disruption, and identifying areas of improvement to continually optimize response protocols
- Emergency management and incident response including preparation of emergency operations plans
- Assisting in a variety of investigative cases as needed
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5 years in a corporate security position
- 3 years of experience in a security management role
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and motivated
- Experience responding to alarms, drafting incident reports, visitor management, and routine patrols within a corporate environment
- Experience conducting training, site audits, and drafting standard operating procedures for a corporate security team
- Familiarity working alongside physical security systems managers/technicians
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or a related field
- Experience working in or alongside executive protection teams
- Experience in Law Enforcement, Military, or corporate security
- Working knowledge of physical security access control, cctv, and case management software
- Familiarity with Lenel access control system & Avigilon VMS
- First Aid/CPR Certified
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
About us Robinhood is a new way to invest in the stock market. For more information about Robinhood, visit www.robinhood.com Zero-dollar ($0) commissions are available for Robinhood Financial self-directed individual cash or margin brokerage accounts that trade U.S. listed securities via mobile devices. Please see our Commission and Fee Schedule. Robinhood communications and communications emanating from its social media community are for informational purposes only and are not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. The Robinhood website provides its users links to social media sites and email. The linked social media and email messages are pre-populated. However, these messages can be deleted or edited by Robinhood users, who are under no obligation to send any pre-populated messages. All market prices, data and other information available through Robinhood are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not reflect the views of Robinhood Markets Inc., Robinhood Financial, LLC or any of the subsidiaries or affiliates. All investments involve risk and the past performance of a security, or financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. There is always the potential of losing money when you invest in securities, or other financial products. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing. By posting wall comments on Linkedin, you agree to hold harmless Robinhood Markets Inc., Robinhood Financial, LLC or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates All securities and investments are offered to self-directed customers by Robinhood Financial, LLC, member FINRA (www.finra.org) & SIPC (www.sipc.org). Robinhood Financial, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robinhood Markets, Inc.