Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood is looking for a privacy-passionate program manager to become a member of the Privacy Engineering Team.
The Privacy Engineering team is a core pillar of Trust Engineering and works with teams across Robinhood to ensure our products and services protect user privacy by designing architectures, tools, and features that reduce the exposure of user data while transparently sharing our privacy story.
Your work will ensure privacy is a foundational bedrock of everything we do at Robinhood. You will be the technical advocate for privacy decisions, designs, and discussions. You will drive our privacy-by-design efforts and be the voice of the customer in evolving our user data request program to not only ensure we're meeting our regulatory requirements but pushing beyond to do the right thing for our users.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Champion our privacy program, understanding our principles and requirements, and the associated technical and operational work required
- Prioritize, coordinate, manage and facilitate technical, product, and policy privacy reviews with engineering, product teams, and Privacy stakeholders
- Embed with engineering and product teams during development to ensure our data collection and usage practices are transparent, protect user privacy, and mitigate risk
- Advocate for the customer, identify User Data Request process and experience improvements
- Develop Privacy frameworks and document guidance
- Partner with Legal to develop and operationalize policies and internal controls
- Collaborate with broad range of technical and non-technical teams, including Engineering, Product, Customer Experience, Compliance, and Legal
- Communicate and evangelize our privacy tools and solutions both internal and externally
- Monitor changes in the Privacy landscape and translate to actionable engineering
- 4+ years of work experience in privacy and/or security programs
- Experience building relationships and influencing stakeholders and engineers
- Process design and process improvement experience
- Experience in privacy with one of the following privacy principles or technologies: privacy by design, user data protection, GDPR, CCPA, data inventory, DLP, encryption anonymization or privacy impact assessments
- Experience with concepts and practices such as threat modeling, data anonymization and classification, auditing access to data, and review of requests for data access
- Code review experience in one or more general purpose languages
- IAPP privacy certifications (e.g., CIPP, CIPM, CIPT)
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or Public Policy or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Finance and portfolio trading
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
About us Robinhood is a new way to invest in the stock market. For more information about Robinhood, visit www.robinhood.com Zero-dollar ($0) commissions are available for Robinhood Financial self-directed individual cash or margin brokerage accounts that trade U.S. listed securities via mobile devices. Please see our Commission and Fee Schedule. Robinhood communications and communications emanating from its social media community are for informational purposes only and are not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. The Robinhood website provides its users links to social media sites and email. The linked social media and email messages are pre-populated. However, these messages can be deleted or edited by Robinhood users, who are under no obligation to send any pre-populated messages. All market prices, data and other information available through Robinhood are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not reflect the views of Robinhood Markets Inc., Robinhood Financial, LLC or any of the subsidiaries or affiliates. All investments involve risk and the past performance of a security, or financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. There is always the potential of losing money when you invest in securities, or other financial products. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing. By posting wall comments on Linkedin, you agree to hold harmless Robinhood Markets Inc., Robinhood Financial, LLC or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates All securities and investments are offered to self-directed customers by Robinhood Financial, LLC, member FINRA (www.finra.org) & SIPC (www.sipc.org). Robinhood Financial, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robinhood Markets, Inc.
Want to learn more about Robinhood? Visit Robinhood's website.
Help the world share their story