- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. from a top law school and membership in California state bar is required.
- 5+ years of legal experience as a transactional legal counsel, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions.
- 3+ years experience in a top national or international law firm.
- In-house legal experience not required, but would definitely be a plus.
- Strong project management and analytical skills are a must, as are strong communications skills (oral and written).
- Contract drafting and negotiating experience is required.
- Experience structuring, drafting and negotiating vendor, intellectual property and commercial agreements in support of product development and consumer-facing businesses.
- Experience with website agreements, terms of service, privacy policies, and contract formation issues.
- Experience establishing and simplifying legal agreements and processes.
- Experience with consumer-facing websites or web services in the legal domain are a plus.
- You must be enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and getting things done, be able to juggle multiple projects and remain organized, be accountable for handling projects through to completion, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
Benefits & Perks
- Fully paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees
- Unlimited PTO; take time when you need it and come back refreshed
- Competitive salary packages
- Commuter/Transit Program
- 401k program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Your choice of a Mac or PC
- Monthly onsite masseuse sessions
- “Red Friday” catered lunches
- Company sponsored events, both on- and off-site
About Rocket Lawyer
Our laws were created to protect and empower us—as individuals, families and business owners—but many people don't get the help they need because of costly legal fees and complexity. At Rocket Lawyer, we want to change things by making legal services affordable, simple and available to more people than ever before. I'm proud to say that we've been able to build a service that millions of people rely upon. Every day we spend our time and resources making it easier for people to get the legal help they need, so they can focus on what's really important—taking care of their families and building strong businesses. We combine free legal documents and free legal information with access to affordable representation by licensed attorneys. With Rocket Lawyer On Call, you can create a Will for your family for free or incorporate a business free from legal fees. Then, because we know there's no replacement for qualified counsel, local attorneys are here to help when you need more guidance. With Rocket Lawyer you never have to go it alone. Our commitment to affordable and accessible legal services is at the heart of everything we do. Most attorneys and bar associations agree that much can and should be done to improve access to the law by reducing cost and complexity. We invite you to try our service and see why customers like Sean Reid say they're glad to have Rocket Lawyer On Call®. Together, we'll make the law work for you. Charley
Want to learn more about Rocket Lawyer? Visit Rocket Lawyer's website.
Jobs You May Like
Counsel, Business Development - Singapore
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
App Annie, San Francisco
Senior Strategic Finance Analyst
1stdibs, New York City - Astor Place
Lead Commercial Counsel
App Annie, San Francisco
Senior Employment Counsel
GitHub, San Francisco - HQ