Senior Software Engineer, Payments
Rocket Lawyer, San Francisco
Helping 20 million people. Just like you.
- You enjoy, and are great at, figuring out what the product should do—not just how the implementation should work
- Creative. You'll spend the majority of your time building robust frameworks, designing the right abstractions so everyone else can use the abstraction safely, and writing code in a way that anticipates its own bugs and fails, safely.
- You are well-versed and have significant platform engineering experience in high-growth technology environments
A Day in the Life
- Ensure the scalability and reliability of the service platform
- Write high throughput code in the right open-source language
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their requirements
- Operate in a small, fast-paced startup
- Kill Bill, Stripe, PayPal and/or significant experience in open-source billing/payment platforms
- 5+ years in overall software engineering experience.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- Strong command of Java.
- Experience with MySQL, Elastic Search, RabbitMQ or similar technologies.
- Proficiency with data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Ability to follow programming and architectural best practices.
- Must be proactive, self-sufficient, detailed, organized, and a team-player
- Demonstrated success working with small or cross-functional teams
- Experience working in an Agile/Iterative-style development group.
- Test-Driven development utilizing unit testing frameworks and automated testing.
- Experience building developer APIs is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Fully paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees
- Unlimited PTO; take time when you need it and come back refreshed
- Competitive salary packages
- Commuter/Transit Program
- 401k program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Your choice of a Mac or PC
- Monthly onsite masseuse sessions
- “Red Friday” catered lunches
- Company sponsored events, both on- and off-site
About Rocket Lawyer
Our laws were created to protect and empower us—as individuals, families and business owners—but many people don't get the help they need because of costly legal fees and complexity. At Rocket Lawyer, we want to change things by making legal services affordable, simple and available to more people than ever before. I'm proud to say that we've been able to build a service that millions of people rely upon. Every day we spend our time and resources making it easier for people to get the legal help they need, so they can focus on what's really important—taking care of their families and building strong businesses. We combine free legal documents and free legal information with access to affordable representation by licensed attorneys. With Rocket Lawyer On Call, you can create a Will for your family for free or incorporate a business free from legal fees. Then, because we know there's no replacement for qualified counsel, local attorneys are here to help when you need more guidance. With Rocket Lawyer you never have to go it alone. Our commitment to affordable and accessible legal services is at the heart of everything we do. Most attorneys and bar associations agree that much can and should be done to improve access to the law by reducing cost and complexity. We invite you to try our service and see why customers like Sean Reid say they're glad to have Rocket Lawyer On Call®. Together, we'll make the law work for you. Charley