- Provide guidance to artists in creation of FX based on storyboards and instructions from director
- Work with art and show director to develop FX that fit project’s stylistic guidelines
- Seek out creative, design-led solutions to challenging problems
- Support the development of tools that optimize FX production processes
- Look ahead to forecast potential technical, production or schedule issues and recommend solutions.
- Motivate the FX team and act as a mentor in terms of technical/artistic growth
- Innovate on current pipeline procedures as new techniques and software become available as well as to enhance currently existing workflows in conjunction with show/department production staff.
- Follow proper document management requirements, according to the production’s guidelines.
- Collaborate with leadership to properly document production disciplines for our pipeline.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully.
- 4+ years working in a production environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Expert understanding of Houdini for creating FX assets, includes particle systems and fluid simulation
- Demonstrated expertise in FX principles including composition, physical motion, weight balance, texture, form, and appeal
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to work with the team to find solutions
- Strong proficiency in technical problem solving
- Compositing experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Shotgun or other shot management software is a plus
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering studio responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub, and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media, a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.
Want to learn more about Rooster Teeth? Visit Rooster Teeth's website.
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.