- Firm grasp on the principles of cinematography including use of lenses, character blocking, positioning and moving the camera in a 3D environment
- Strong sense of composition and perspective, assembling the components of a shot/sequence
- Work with staging maps and storyboards to layout individual shots for Camera and Animation
- Ensure that characters, props, sets, motion capture data and rough cameras for a shot are set up properly for Animation department
- Follow established checkoff procedures and prepare a finished camera for Lighting/Render department
- Submit shots for review and works with the Layout Coordinator and Lead to ensure shot fidelity, asset accuracy and pipe compatibility
- Take direction and respond to feedback appropriately
- Follow established protocols in file management structure, project organization, and version control
- Self-assess progress and utilize time management techniques, as well as production tracking software, to meet deadlines and milestones
- Communicate effectively and respectfully
- 2+ years working in a production environment
- In-depth proficiency with Autodesk Maya
- Desire to further improve skills and techniques
- Strong will and self-motivation to complete tasks on time
- Work well within a team
- Resume and Demo Reel
- Adobe Premiere, Shotgrid, and Storyboard Pro experience
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering studio responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub, and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media, a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.
Want to learn more about Rooster Teeth? Visit Rooster Teeth's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.