- Excellent understanding of the internal technologies used by your team. Able to provide commentary, review, and feedback to other teams about their projects and products when necessary, especially in how those integrate with your own team.
- Experience with JIRA or other Ticket systems. Ability to resolve tickets according to technical direction.
- Ensure that your work meets all acceptance criteria. Test your work to ensure that it works as expected. Present your work to customers to achieve sign off. Work with your customers to ensure that your work will meet the business needs.
- Excellent understanding of build and test processes; able to modify build processes to add new modules to an existing project and develop build processes for new projects. Able to design, develop, and debug unit and integration tests for new and existing code.
- Shepherd your code (and other's code) through the process until deployment. Help own and understand the process, and contribute to improving efficiency and consistency of the process.
- Take part in peer code reviews providing qualitative feedback.
- Research internal implementations as well as potential new technologies, and communicate output of that research.
- Root cause defects and production bugs, and fix them when requested. Communicate impact of bugs and work with stakeholders to schedule fixes.
- Architect programs which operate either independently or within a larger system.
- Research changes to external integrations and update code to account for changes. Understand the cadence of these changes and contribute to the ongoing plan to manage them.
- Document work done in appropriate location, whether it be in code, or in a document library. Hand-off documentation to intended recipients or audience. Document previously un-documented systems or practices as encountered in your work environment.
- Able to provide technical direction on various types of tasks on your platform. Participate in technical direction for larger projects.
- Proficient at using your team's version control system, and the ability to address pretty much any merge conflict. Complete understanding of your team's branching process. Contribute ideas on how to make the branching process better.
- Keeping the members of your team updated on the progress you are making on your work and if you are encountering any major issues, and actively encouraging other team members to do the same while also providing insights into how to optimize this communication.
- Performing any necessary communication with other teams as outlined in your team agreement, and calling out areas where there may be inter-team communication issues. Additionally, do what you can to drive better communication between your team and others.
- Performing any necessary communication with Stakeholders as outlined on your team, and calling out areas where there may be Stakeholder communication issues. Additionally, strive to have a clear understanding of Stakeholder goals to help drive better communication between your team and them.
- Staying current with platform changes and third-party libraries. Proactively investigate better solutions for current technologies.
- Fully understand our project management tools and processes. Contribute ideas on ways to make our project management systems better.
- Respond to emergency issues and alerts assigned to you. Contribute ideas on how to improve monitoring and alerting systems.
- Be part of the technical interview team, and also offer ideas on how to improve the interview process.
- Provide honest and accurate feedback when asked for it.
- Advanced proficiency in Kotlin or Java (generics, more advanced APIs)
- Advanced understanding of Version control concepts (submodules, feature branching, rebase)
- Advanced understanding of Google APIs
- Intermediate understanding of the Android Studio IDE and build process
- Intermediate understanding of networking concepts
- Knowledge of S.O.L.I.D. design principles
- Intermediate understanding of OOP (polymorphism, low coupling, high cohesion, etc)
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Intermediate understanding of unit tests
- Intermediate understanding of Live Data
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering studio responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub, and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media, a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.
Want to learn more about Rooster Teeth? Visit Rooster Teeth's website.
The best bed for better sleep