Sr. Front-End Developer
Rosetta Stone, Boston, MA USA
Changing lives through the power of language and literacy education!
Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone Company, is one of the nation’s most highly regarded providers of reading programs for students in Pre-K to 12th Grade. We have a passion for creating products that helps every student become a successful reader.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Front-End Developer to join our Concord, MA based team. As a member of the engineering team, you will collaborate with engineers that have an undying passion for building great products that touch the lives of students and educators worldwide.
- Work closely with fellow engineers, designer, and educators to create our next generation student learning products across multiple devices that will delight our students.
- Write clean, efficient, maintainable, and robust code.
- Interact with educators and UI/UX teams to quickly prototype and build out products.
- Participate in and help lead design and code reviews.
- Understanding of functional reactive programing.
- Extremely detail oriented. Strives for pixel perfect implementation on all devices.
- Unmistakable passion for elegant and intuitive user interfaces.
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code for all components.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Knowledge of Node, NPM, React, Immutable, Lodash, Babel, promises, Mocha, Karma, JaySchema.
- Ability to configure Apache Server, Babel and Webpack.
- Experience with macOS, bash, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket/Git
- 5+ years of experience building cutting edge single page web applications.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Passion for producing clean, maintainable, robust, and well-tested code.
- Experience with native iOS Objective-C or Swift, or Java Android development.
- Passion for education and language learning.
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Rosetta Stone
We transform how the world learns languages. Corporate, educational, and public-sector institutions, as well as everyday learners, have turned to Rosetta Stone since 1992. With offices in the United States, European Union, and a remote workforce around the globe, our people have a wholehearted passion for innovative, accessible language learning. We share the cultures and traditions that bring us together—one language at a time. Rosetta Stone welcomes a multitude of professional backgrounds to join our language-learning mission.
Visit the Rosetta Stone blog at http://rosettastone.com/blog
Want to learn more about Rosetta Stone? Visit Rosetta Stone's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies