- Proactively working with internal stakeholders to identify potential issues and build strategic plans to mitigate situations before they occur.
- Work with executives to develop response plans when an issue occurs.
- Develop cross-functional response materials, including executive communications, internal communications, customer service and media responses
- Defining and executing on communications strategies for issues that have significant corporate and/or product brand impact.
- Partnering with teams including customer service, social media, marketing, etc. across the company to develop and mature reputation management plans, processes and procedures.
- Providing executive communications and analysis to leaders and various stakeholders across the company during the lifecycle of the issue.
- Creating strategic communications plans to support the company’s position on regulatory issues.
- Coordinating Rover’s press response to breaking news stories, working closely with global and local teams.
- Working directly with high profile, influential journalists.
- Strong media relations experience.
- Reliable problem identification, judgment, resolution and decision-making skills often in ambiguous, quickly developing situations.
- Excellent written communication skills, which does not waiver with short deadlines.
- An ability to assess the severity and priority of multiple incoming inquiries from press, customers and internal employees.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and to work effectively with executives.
- Confidence to take the reigns of situations as well as provide counsel and recommendations with the executive team.
- The ability to grasp the dynamics of an issue, creatively think through possible approaches and articulate the way in which a situation can be explained and contextualized for various audiences.
- Understanding of best practices for monitoring press and social media mentions of a company and/or issue.
- Knowledge of or experience with the sharing economy is a plus.
- At least 7-10 years of public relations experience (agency and/or in-house).
- Well-versed in media relations best practices and a proven track record of successfully dealing with complex, strategic, communications challenges.
- Experience supporting regulatory issues is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, english or related field is required.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Extra PTO you can earn by dog sitting
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
About The Dog People Founded in 2011 and based in Seattle, WA, Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Whether you need in-home dog boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, or day care, Rover connects pet parents with dog people who’ll treat their pets like family. Rover sitters are your rainy-day-dog-walkers. Your every-day-belly-rubbers. Your tug-of-war players. Your middle-of-the-night-pee-breakers. Because we get it—your dog is family. And when you can’t be there, you can trust us to keep your dog happy, healthy, and sweet as ever. But it’s not just about dog love. Rover is also an award-winning technology business committed to making pet care safe, easy, and affordable so that everyone can experience the unconditional love of a dog. So for the frequent butt-sniffers, the sock-stealers, the table-side beggars and the clicker-trained champions: We’re your people. And for the world travelers, the long-day-at-work-ers, the business-trip jetsetters, the swing-shift survivors: We’re your people, too. Whatever you and your dog are into, we’re into it, too. And we’ve got your back. Anytime. Anywhere.
Want to learn more about Rover.com ? Visit Rover.com 's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager, SSO & Federation
Okta, San Francisco OR San Jose
Senior Product Marketing Manager (m/f)
Adjoint(e) aux communications/French Communications Associate
Manager, Content Publicity/PR
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Campaign Marketing Manager
Intercom, San Francisco