Your Toolset Includes:
- Probably at least one additional programming language / computational programming environment; e.g., R, Matlab, C++, etc
- Google Analytics or similar user funnel analytics tools
- Tableau, Looker, or similar data visualization tools
- Data-informed decision making with rigorous split testing.
- Integrated teams with developers, designers and analysts working side-by-side.
- B.S in a quantitative discipline required; advanced degree (MS or PhD) preferred
- Strong technical and coding skills
- Deep expertise in one or more core data science disciplines (e.g, supervised learning, machine learning, etc)
- Marketplace experience strongly preferred
- Experience in online user testing strongly preferred
Why We’ll Hire You:
- You are familiar with more than just the basics, and have more than cursory experience with at least sub-discipline in the broad field of data science. In other words, you know where the sharp edges are, and can lead decisions around what techniques are and are not appropriate to employ for particular classes of problem
- You’re a deeply analytical thinker who is passionate about finding structure in data, and using data to drive real value to the end user (and thus the business).
- You are passionate about our core business. You will instinctively dig into every aspect of what it means to be a dog sitter and a dog owner on the Rover platform.
- You can take abstractly defined problems and work with (imperfect) data to drive decisions
- You are a great partner to engineers and business owners alike
- You can pitch your own ideas and shepherd them through to completion
- You show pattern of being self-started, self-taught and self-directed
- You favor open communication with willingness to ask and answer questions
- You are output- and outcome-oriented
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You play nicely with others (and dogs)
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
About The Dog People Founded in 2011 and based in Seattle, WA, Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Whether you need in-home dog boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, or day care, Rover connects pet parents with dog people who’ll treat their pets like family. Rover sitters are your rainy-day-dog-walkers. Your every-day-belly-rubbers. Your tug-of-war players. Your middle-of-the-night-pee-breakers. Because we get it—your dog is family. And when you can’t be there, you can trust us to keep your dog happy, healthy, and sweet as ever. But it’s not just about dog love. Rover is also an award-winning technology business committed to making pet care safe, easy, and affordable so that everyone can experience the unconditional love of a dog. So for the frequent butt-sniffers, the sock-stealers, the table-side beggars and the clicker-trained champions: We’re your people. And for the world travelers, the long-day-at-work-ers, the business-trip jetsetters, the swing-shift survivors: We’re your people, too. Whatever you and your dog are into, we’re into it, too. And we’ve got your back. Anytime. Anywhere.
Want to learn more about Rover.com? Visit Rover.com's website.
Jobs You May Like
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Sr. Product Manager- Commerce Platform
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
Niantic inc., San Francisco
Senior Product Designer (Design System)
Qventus, Mountain View, CA
Product Manager, Tax
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Design Team Manager
Harry’s, New York, NY