- Lead and develop a small team consisting of managers, operations specialists, and training specialists
- Provide ownership, guidance, and recommendations around key operational tools and systems including phone systems (Talkdesk), customer relationship management tools (Zendesk), text messaging systems, and self-service technology as some examples. Includes optimizing existing and future tools utilized by customer support teams. Effectively hit toolset budget targets.
- Own and manage relevant vendor partner relationships around tools and systems, including requirements gathering, vendor selection, creating business cases as needed, negotiating contracts and legal review, implementation, and ongoing management of the relationships.
- Build out a capacity planning methodology that includes: forecasting number of customer contacts, figuring out appropriate staffing levels, developing scheduling policies that balance trade-offs between team satisfaction and cost, and tracking team member productivity.
- Develop a “voice of the customer” program that distills quantitative and qualitative data to provide insights and recommendations to internal customers such as Product/Engineering, Marketing, Sitter Success, etc.
- Partner with customer support front-line operations to ensure service levels are met. Partner cross-functionally with other operational teams to improve customer experience.
- Manage and lead training programs that ensure Rover Support team members have the knowledge and skills to assist customers, solve problems, meet metrics, etc. Evolve Rover Support's training and onboarding program that helps newly hired front-line team members accelerate around ramp time, setting team members to be successful, be productive, and that minimizes attrition.
- Develop a training certification program for both training specialists and Rover Support team members.
- Drive improvements with Rover's internal knowledge base and documentation of processes, workflows, and policies.
- Collect feedback on effectiveness of training programs, knowledge bases, etc., and evolve the training and onboarding program as appropriate.
- Build out a quality assurance program that improves customer satisfaction and reduces errors made by customer support team members.
- Dig into the relevant data to identify trends around quality issues, developing solutions on how to improve defined quality from a metrics standpoint.
- Build a culture of continuous learning, of driving efficiency and reducing waste, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7+ years of experience in customer support and/or contact center operations.
- 5+ years of leading and developing people, including managing managers.
- Prior experience with managing support channels including phone, chat, text message, social media, and email.
- Highly skilled with spreadsheets, SQL, and crunching and presenting data and analytical insights and recommendations.
- Prior experience with implementing Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen or other improvement methodologies.
- Past experience delivering capacity planning, workforce management, and contact center scheduling in a 24/7 environment.
- Prior experience with Zendesk, Talkdesk, or similar systems strongly preferred.
- Strong project and time management skills with ability to stack rank and execute quickly against critical business priorities. Proven ability to make very difficult tradeoffs to drive outcomes.
- Prior contract negotiation experience and vendor management experience required.
- Prior experience as managing training programs preferred.
- Familiarity with marketplace and/or on-demand business models preferred.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Extra PTO you can earn by dog sitting
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
About The Dog People Founded in 2011 and based in Seattle, WA, Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Whether you need in-home dog boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, or day care, Rover connects pet parents with dog people who’ll treat their pets like family. Rover sitters are your rainy-day-dog-walkers. Your every-day-belly-rubbers. Your tug-of-war players. Your middle-of-the-night-pee-breakers. Because we get it—your dog is family. And when you can’t be there, you can trust us to keep your dog happy, healthy, and sweet as ever. But it’s not just about dog love. Rover is also an award-winning technology business committed to making pet care safe, easy, and affordable so that everyone can experience the unconditional love of a dog. So for the frequent butt-sniffers, the sock-stealers, the table-side beggars and the clicker-trained champions: We’re your people. And for the world travelers, the long-day-at-work-ers, the business-trip jetsetters, the swing-shift survivors: We’re your people, too. Whatever you and your dog are into, we’re into it, too. And we’ve got your back. Anytime. Anywhere.
Want to learn more about Rover.com ? Visit Rover.com 's website.
Jobs You May Like
Assistant Manager - Fashion Valley
Lush Cosmetics, San Diego, California, United States
Customer Support Social Media Executive
Customer Experience Associate
Customer Support Engineer
Kitchen Team Member
sweetgreen, Los Angeles, CA
CX - Head of Product Experts
Dropbox, Dublin, Ireland