- 3+ years as a professional software developer
- Comfort working in different parts of the stack
- Experience with relational databases and schema design
- Interest in innovations within the global payments industry
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Bonus: Experience with financial, accounting or payments systems
- Bonus: Experience scaling architecture
- Bonus: Experience working with large and complex datasets
- Bonus: Proficiency with Python and Django
- Bonus: Experience working with PayPal, Braintree, and/or NetSuite
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline, automated testing, and deployment. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation and have thorough system, application, and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- Our teams are integrated with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- And dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Why We'll Hire You:
- You're qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values.
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- You're eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer.
- You're able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward.
- You can be your own QA team.
- You have the intuition for when to call it "good enough" to ship and when to put in the extra time to polish.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
About The Dog People Founded in 2011 and based in Seattle, WA, Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Whether you need in-home dog boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, or day care, Rover connects pet parents with dog people who’ll treat their pets like family. Rover sitters are your rainy-day-dog-walkers. Your every-day-belly-rubbers. Your tug-of-war players. Your middle-of-the-night-pee-breakers. Because we get it—your dog is family. And when you can’t be there, you can trust us to keep your dog happy, healthy, and sweet as ever. But it’s not just about dog love. Rover is also an award-winning technology business committed to making pet care safe, easy, and affordable so that everyone can experience the unconditional love of a dog. So for the frequent butt-sniffers, the sock-stealers, the table-side beggars and the clicker-trained champions: We’re your people. And for the world travelers, the long-day-at-work-ers, the business-trip jetsetters, the swing-shift survivors: We’re your people, too. Whatever you and your dog are into, we’re into it, too. And we’ve got your back. Anytime. Anywhere.
Want to learn more about Rover.com? Visit Rover.com's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager, Data Processing Platform
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
Manager, Vehicle Safety
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Sr. Software Engineer - ColdFusion
Clear Capital, Reno, NV
Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Senior Software Engineer - C++
Ripple, San Francisco, CA
Sales Engineer, Enterprise Accounts (New York, NY)
Box, New York, NY