- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, STEM, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years work experience as a software developer
- Comfortable with web development across the full stack
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Experience with relational databases and schema design
- Bonus: Proficiency with Python and Django
- Bonus: Proficiency with React
- Bonus: Proficiency with A/B testing and experimentation
- Bonus: Familiarity with AWS, Docker, and Elasticsearch
Why We’ll Hire You:
- You’re qualified for the position and your values align with Rover’s core values.
- You work well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- You’re eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer.
- You’re able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward.
- You can be your own QA team.
- You have the intuition for when to ship and when to apply more polish.
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, and supportable solutions.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline and automated testing. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operations, and employ thorough system, application, and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're data-driven and believe in informing many of our decisions through experimentation.
- Our feature teams represent small autonomous business units with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- A competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog and 50 free dog walks a year
About The Dog People Founded in 2011 and based in Seattle, WA, Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Whether you need in-home dog boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, or day care, Rover connects pet parents with dog people who’ll treat their pets like family. Rover sitters are your rainy-day-dog-walkers. Your every-day-belly-rubbers. Your tug-of-war players. Your middle-of-the-night-pee-breakers. Because we get it—your dog is family. And when you can’t be there, you can trust us to keep your dog happy, healthy, and sweet as ever. But it’s not just about dog love. Rover is also an award-winning technology business committed to making pet care safe, easy, and affordable so that everyone can experience the unconditional love of a dog. So for the frequent butt-sniffers, the sock-stealers, the table-side beggars and the clicker-trained champions: We’re your people. And for the world travelers, the long-day-at-work-ers, the business-trip jetsetters, the swing-shift survivors: We’re your people, too. Whatever you and your dog are into, we’re into it, too. And we’ve got your back. Anytime. Anywhere.
Want to learn more about Rover.com? Visit Rover.com's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Front-End Developer - Sunnyvale
AKQA, San Francisco
Enterprise Platforms Engineer
BuzzFeed, New York or Los Angeles
Senior Security Consultant (Penetration Tester)
Rapid7, US (Remote)
The Democratic Party
Product Marketing Manager
The Democratic Party, Remote
Senior React Native Engineer
Gametime, San Francisco, CA