- Identify, define, and prioritize analytical questions based on business impact, then present actionable findings to improve customer experience and drive team performance.
- Liaison with data science team to collaborate on test design, methodology, and findings.
- Own the creation and update of specific data schemas by writing performant, thoughtful, validated queries.
- Work closely with data engineering for schema creation, data abstractions, Redshift optimization, and troubleshooting when data issues arise.
- Mentor your analyst peers and business partners in the development of their analytical skills.
- Advocate for and drive qualitative and quantitative research to develop key insights and recommend strategies.
- Define key business metrics for various teams and report out to leadership and key organizational stakeholders.
- BA or BS/MS in a quantitative field of study, with a background in math, statistics, economics or related disciplines a plus.
- You’ve learned how to think analytically. 5+ years experience in a quantitative role, working with real-world data.
- Direct knowledge of SQL (3+ years) including how to write and edit queries to be optimized and efficient.
- Ability to take abstractly defined problems and work with (imperfect) data to drive decisions.
- Deep empathy for the business owners you support.
- You get the question behind the question, and are driven to find solutions and novel approaches.
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to work autonomously in a shifting and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- You show a pattern of being self-started, self-taught and self-directed.
- You are your own QA team, producing quality analyses and validating results to ensure accuracy.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. You present results in a consumable, actionable way.
- Experience working with large 100M+ row data sets.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Periscope/Looker a plus.
- Knowledge in statistics and statistical tools such as Juypter/R a plus..
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
About The Dog People Founded in 2011 and based in Seattle, WA, Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Whether you need in-home dog boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, or day care, Rover connects pet parents with dog people who’ll treat their pets like family. Rover sitters are your rainy-day-dog-walkers. Your every-day-belly-rubbers. Your tug-of-war players. Your middle-of-the-night-pee-breakers. Because we get it—your dog is family. And when you can’t be there, you can trust us to keep your dog happy, healthy, and sweet as ever. But it’s not just about dog love. Rover is also an award-winning technology business committed to making pet care safe, easy, and affordable so that everyone can experience the unconditional love of a dog. So for the frequent butt-sniffers, the sock-stealers, the table-side beggars and the clicker-trained champions: We’re your people. And for the world travelers, the long-day-at-work-ers, the business-trip jetsetters, the swing-shift survivors: We’re your people, too. Whatever you and your dog are into, we’re into it, too. And we’ve got your back. Anytime. Anywhere.
Want to learn more about Rover.com? Visit Rover.com's website.
Jobs You May Like
Agile Quality Analyst (m/f)
Sr. Mobile Engineer, Android SDK
Lead Developer (Backend)
Backend Platform Lead
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Back End
Tyro Payments, 155 Clarence St, Sydney, NSW, 2000