Your Toolset Includes:
- Python (or at least one additional programming language; e.g., R, Matlab, C++, etc)
- Tableau, Looker, or similar data visualization tools
- Google Analytics or similar user funnel analytics tools
- Fundamentals of hypothesis testing: design of experiments, data sufficiency and statistical power, understanding of meta-significance, etc.
- BS/MS in a quantitative field of study - Math, Statistics, the natural sciences - the main thing is you have learned how to think analytically.
- 2+ years experience working with real-world data. This is not your first job out of college - but it might be your first job out of graduate school; let’s talk.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, you know how to present analytics results to the business in a useful and consumable way
- Deep understanding of the challenges of hypothesis testing in the real world
Why We'll Hire You:
- You are scary good with data. You look at charts, furrow your eyebrows, and observe that something doesn’t seem quite right. Others see trends; you see outliers. Mix shifts, lag effects, data sufficiency issues - these things are second nature to you.
- You are passionate about our core business. You will instinctively dig into every aspect of what it means to be a dog sitter and a dog owner on the Rover platform.
- You have deep empathy for the business owners you will support. You understand at a cellular level that people have jobs to do and decisions to make, and it is your job to help them do that in as data-driven a way as possible.
- You have an uncanny ability to get to the question behind the question. You do not accept presuppositions, and are driven to find solutions and novel approaches; to figure out what can be done to move the business forward, in the messy real world of imperfect information.
- You show a pattern of being self-started, self-taught, and self-directed. You are your own QA team, producing quality analysis and creating novel ways to ensure accuracy.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
About The Dog People Founded in 2011 and based in Seattle, WA, Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Whether you need in-home dog boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, or day care, Rover connects pet parents with dog people who’ll treat their pets like family. Rover sitters are your rainy-day-dog-walkers. Your every-day-belly-rubbers. Your tug-of-war players. Your middle-of-the-night-pee-breakers. Because we get it—your dog is family. And when you can’t be there, you can trust us to keep your dog happy, healthy, and sweet as ever. But it’s not just about dog love. Rover is also an award-winning technology business committed to making pet care safe, easy, and affordable so that everyone can experience the unconditional love of a dog. So for the frequent butt-sniffers, the sock-stealers, the table-side beggars and the clicker-trained champions: We’re your people. And for the world travelers, the long-day-at-work-ers, the business-trip jetsetters, the swing-shift survivors: We’re your people, too. Whatever you and your dog are into, we’re into it, too. And we’ve got your back. Anytime. Anywhere.
Want to learn more about Rover.com? Visit Rover.com's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Design Manager
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
SelfMade, New York HQ
Site Reliability Engineer
Kobalt Music Group, London
Senior Product Manager, Digital Marketing
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Senior Product Owner
Prodigy Finance, Cape Town
Kraken Exchange, San Francisco or Remote