Software Engineer - Daytime Traveling Services
See jobs at Rover.com
We're looking for engineers who:
- Enjoy building customer-facing products that improve people's and pet's lives!
- Enjoy seeing their own efforts have an outsized impact on the business and our customers.
- Are eager to learn and improve their craft as a software engineer.
- Are able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward.
- Enjoy being part of a great community of pet lovers.
- 3+ years experience as a professional software developer.
- Familiarity with relational databases and schema design.
- Passionate about automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices.
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative environment and your values align with Rover's Core Values.
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including automated testing and continuous deployment. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation, and have thorough system, application and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We use split testing to drive decision-making.
- We build integrated teams with developers, product managers and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently performed virtually due to Covid19)
- Due to COVID-19, Rover Employees are not required to be in office until July 2021 at the earliest. All new hires will be expected to work from Seattle/ Spokane/ Barcelona once Rover Employees return to office.
About The Dog People Founded in 2011 and based in Seattle, WA, Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Whether you need in-home dog boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, or day care, Rover connects pet parents with dog people who’ll treat their pets like family. Rover sitters are your rainy-day-dog-walkers. Your every-day-belly-rubbers. Your tug-of-war players. Your middle-of-the-night-pee-breakers. Because we get it—your dog is family. And when you can’t be there, you can trust us to keep your dog happy, healthy, and sweet as ever. But it’s not just about dog love. Rover is also an award-winning technology business committed to making pet care safe, easy, and affordable so that everyone can experience the unconditional love of a dog. So for the frequent butt-sniffers, the sock-stealers, the table-side beggars and the clicker-trained champions: We’re your people. And for the world travelers, the long-day-at-work-ers, the business-trip jetsetters, the swing-shift survivors: We’re your people, too. Whatever you and your dog are into, we’re into it, too. And we’ve got your back. Anytime. Anywhere.
Want to learn more about Rover.com? Visit Rover.com's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.