- Manage activities of content, knowledge base, and communications functions with company-wide impact, including technical and functional content creation, knowledge base strategy and organization, and employee-facing communications programs; oversee costs, methods, and staffing.
- Identify and solve for gaps and emerging needs in programs and process capabilities, and establish business rhythms to support long-term, profitable business growth.
- Drive successful program, project, and process management for content, knowledge management, and communications across Operations, aligning tools and approach across teams.
- Lead development, implementation, and oversight of key metrics and reporting rhythms for your functional area across Operations to drive strategy and execution, while consistently achieving service level agreements.
- Confidently leverage data and analytics to understand broad, ambiguous questions that significantly impact Rover Operations' effectiveness and our customers’ experience. Key areas of focus could include improving access to and quality of just-in-time knowledge resources for customers and employees, identifying and creating individual and group content needs, and optimizing the use of knowledge base technology within Operations.
- Elevate teams’ knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools within your functional area
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, providing thought and change leadership.
- Hire, coach, develop, and hold accountable a diverse, high-performing team aligned with Rover’s core values; lead and mentor other people managers.
- Assess the success and impact of the knowledge base and communications programs, then make changes for continuous improvement in outcomes.
- Ensure OKRs (objectives and key results) directly support Rover’s overall success; interact and build relationships with, and effectively influence, senior leaders on opportunities and impacts related to your areas of responsibility.
- As a member of Rover Operations' leadership team, drive execution of departmental strategies and OKRs.
- 7+ years of experience as a proven leader of corporate communications and content/knowledge management, ideally within an Operations or other customer-facing environment.
- 7+ years experience and successful application of the principles, standards, and tools associated with business analysis, program and project management
- 7+ years experience of people management experience managing both individual contributors and other people managers
- Current knowledge of effective content and communications methodologies, techniques, and practices.
- Experience managing and using various knowledge base and help center systems and tools.
- Strong financial acumen and data analysis skills; ability to use data and financial analysis to understand problems, identify options, and make decisions.
- Ability to build and foster strong stakeholder relationships, establish trust, and achieve alignment across the organization.
- Communication and presentation skills to effectively share your vision and strategy.
- Effectively navigates ambiguity with a strong bias for action.
- Exceptional coach and mentor.
- Inspires and achieves results through teams; establishes culture of candor, accountability, and speed.
- BA/BS degree; MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
Benefits of Working at Rover.cpm
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently being performed virtually due to Covid19)
- Due to COVID-19, Rover Employees are not required to be in office until January 2022 at the earliest.
About The Dog People Founded in 2011 and based in Seattle, WA, Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Whether you need in-home dog boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, or day care, Rover connects pet parents with dog people who’ll treat their pets like family. Rover sitters are your rainy-day-dog-walkers. Your every-day-belly-rubbers. Your tug-of-war players. Your middle-of-the-night-pee-breakers. Because we get it—your dog is family. And when you can’t be there, you can trust us to keep your dog happy, healthy, and sweet as ever. But it’s not just about dog love. Rover is also an award-winning technology business committed to making pet care safe, easy, and affordable so that everyone can experience the unconditional love of a dog. So for the frequent butt-sniffers, the sock-stealers, the table-side beggars and the clicker-trained champions: We’re your people. And for the world travelers, the long-day-at-work-ers, the business-trip jetsetters, the swing-shift survivors: We’re your people, too. Whatever you and your dog are into, we’re into it, too. And we’ve got your back. Anytime. Anywhere.
Want to learn more about Rover.com? Visit Rover.com's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies