Director of Operations (San Antonio)
Rover.com, San Antonio
See jobs at Rover.com
- Primary leader responsible for an entire Rover Operations site - customer service, employee engagement, company and departmental policy adherence, and planning, budgeting and cost management
- Serve our customers. Achieve all customer service metrics for the site: customer service, quality, productivity. Responsible for customer readiness through on-time staffing fulfillment and frontline training
- Build an outstanding performance culture. Effectively manage and scale a multi-layered, multi-department, high-performance team to ensure we operate with excellence at every level. Root the site culture in our core Rover values.
- Engage in the strategic Rover business narratives. Be a thought leader and champion how we can grow customer delight. Provide thought leadership and resource subject matter expertise requests for Product initiatives, IT tool improvement, and workflow improvements. Cross collaborate with US and International Ops leaders to create strategic plans, objectives and roadmaps.
- Recruit, hire, mentor and motivate your salaried and hourly workforce
- Work with HR partners to develop a a community recruiting pipeline, partnering with local organizations to recruit & hire a diverse team in support of organizational DEI objectives.
- Provide key inputs (Handle Time, Occupancy, Shrink) on both short-term and long-term forecasts used to predict contact volume
- Build and execute customer service, cost & productivity plans through planning and forecast rhythms
- Overseeing employee productivity and bi/annual rhythms for hourly and salaried employee evaluations and promotions
- Oversee all site feedback and communications
- Responsible for determining, tracking and enforcement of Operations policies on siteKnowledge & compliance with Rover company policies and local regulations. Partnership with HR, Legal, IT, Tax, and Workplace Ops leaders.
- Lead large-scope projects with site impact
- Administration and execution for company-wide Rover events, communications and other initiatives on-site
- 10+ years building and leading high-performing customer service team with a track record of meeting or exceeding goals
- 5+ years experience overseeing an operations site or location with full responsibility for planning, staffing, budgeting, and cost management
- 5+ years of experience managing teams including other managers
- Experience implementing and refining customer operations measurement methods and holding teams accountable to hitting ambitious customer satisfaction goals.
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with cross functional leaders in developing policies, products, tools and workflows
- Demonstrated ability to foster partnerships within local community
- Demonstrated experience making strong hires of managers of front line managers. Experience recruiting, hiring, and performance managing both salaried and hourly team members
- Clear track record of driving success in a highly quantitative environment.
- Online marketplace experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
About The Dog People Founded in 2011 and based in Seattle, WA, Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Whether you need in-home dog boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, or day care, Rover connects pet parents with dog people who’ll treat their pets like family. Rover sitters are your rainy-day-dog-walkers. Your every-day-belly-rubbers. Your tug-of-war players. Your middle-of-the-night-pee-breakers. Because we get it—your dog is family. And when you can’t be there, you can trust us to keep your dog happy, healthy, and sweet as ever. But it’s not just about dog love. Rover is also an award-winning technology business committed to making pet care safe, easy, and affordable so that everyone can experience the unconditional love of a dog. So for the frequent butt-sniffers, the sock-stealers, the table-side beggars and the clicker-trained champions: We’re your people. And for the world travelers, the long-day-at-work-ers, the business-trip jetsetters, the swing-shift survivors: We’re your people, too. Whatever you and your dog are into, we’re into it, too. And we’ve got your back. Anytime. Anywhere.
Want to learn more about Rover.com? Visit Rover.com's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.