Senior Frontend Engineer - Trust & Safety (Barcelona)
See jobs at Rover.com
We're Looking For Someone Who:
- Has a true passion for Rover’s mission and values - and is highly motivated by the responsibility to foster a safe environment for our community.
- Has empathy for users and enjoy building customer-facing products that improve people's and pet's lives!
- Bring their own unique background to the team, adding fresh ideas and perspectives
- Is able to take loose requirements, collaborate with others to determine what needs to be done, and drive a project forward
- Is eager to improve their craft as a software engineer and is excited to learn new technologies and work in a next generation frontend architecture
- Is equally eager to share their knowledge and help foster a culture of learning
- Enjoys being part of a great community of pet lovers
- 5+ years experience as a professional software developer.
- Fluency in HTML and CSS, good understanding of HTML semantics and best practices.
- Familiarity with relational databases and schema design.
- Passionate about automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices.
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative environment and your values align with Rover's Core Values.
- Professional experience with Python.
- Familiarity with Docker.
- Knowledge/Interest in React Native.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools.
- The position is in-house at our Barcelona office. All applicants must have the right to live and work in Spain. We can help with relocation assistance though!
- You’re a team player and work well with other teams in the company.
- You are meticulous about design and user experience because you want to deliver the best service to your customers.
- You are used to working with different agile methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban/XP.
- You love new challenges and are eager to solve new problems.
- Good level of written and spoken English (our Engineering Team is in Barcelona but we work in English).
- You love pets!
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions.
- We are curious and passionate about learning, providing the right environment and resources for professional growth.
- We are committed to building, fostering and maintaining a culture of inclusivity and diversity both on our teams and in our products.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline, automated testing and deployment.
- We are serious about the quality of our production operation, and have thorough system, application and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We are passionate about data driven decision-making.
- Our teams are integrated teams with developers, product managers, designers and data scientists working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Benefits Of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
About The Dog People Founded in 2011 and based in Seattle, WA, Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Whether you need in-home dog boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, or day care, Rover connects pet parents with dog people who’ll treat their pets like family. Rover sitters are your rainy-day-dog-walkers. Your every-day-belly-rubbers. Your tug-of-war players. Your middle-of-the-night-pee-breakers. Because we get it—your dog is family. And when you can’t be there, you can trust us to keep your dog happy, healthy, and sweet as ever. But it’s not just about dog love. Rover is also an award-winning technology business committed to making pet care safe, easy, and affordable so that everyone can experience the unconditional love of a dog. So for the frequent butt-sniffers, the sock-stealers, the table-side beggars and the clicker-trained champions: We’re your people. And for the world travelers, the long-day-at-work-ers, the business-trip jetsetters, the swing-shift survivors: We’re your people, too. Whatever you and your dog are into, we’re into it, too. And we’ve got your back. Anytime. Anywhere.
Want to learn more about Rover.com? Visit Rover.com's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.