- Using agile methodologies to prioritise, estimate, and deliver projects efficiently
- Driving your team’s hiring and onboarding processes
- Mentoring and developing the engineers on your team, including setting their goals and delivering their reviews
- Working with product managers to build out and execute your team’s strategic vision and roadmap
- Working with tech leads to flesh out technical requirements and advocate for your team’s engineering investments
- Fostering your team’s engineering excellence and controlling their technical debt
- Coordinating projects with cross-team dependencies
- Communicating project status and issues to stakeholders
- Your values align with Rover’s Core Values, and you are highly motivated by the opportunity and responsibility to foster a safe environment for our community.
- You have experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban/XP
- You have experience with delivering features for large-scale consumer-facing websites and mobiles apps. This should include two or more of the following
- 2+ years managing individual contributors on a software engineering team
- 2+ years as a senior engineer or technical lead, with a track record of successfully planning and executing complex technical projects
- Substantial experience with Rover’s technology stack (Python / Django, React, React Native, Swift, Kotlin, Docker, Elastic Search, AWS)
- The position is located at our Barcelona office.
- Applicants must currently have the right to live and work in Spain. We can help with relocation assistance though!
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high-quality, scalable, and supportable solutions.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline and automated testing. Our engineers just merge their branches and it ships.
- We are serious about the quality of our product operations and constantly monitor our systems and applications to early-detect anomalies.
- We're data-driven and believe in informing many of our decisions through experimentation.
- Our feature teams represent small autonomous business units with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- We are friendly, supportive, and respectful, and we pay attention to the impact and quality of our work as well as keeping a work/life balance.
- And, dogs in the office!
Benefits of working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
About The Dog People Founded in 2011 and based in Seattle, WA, Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Whether you need in-home dog boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, or day care, Rover connects pet parents with dog people who’ll treat their pets like family. Rover sitters are your rainy-day-dog-walkers. Your every-day-belly-rubbers. Your tug-of-war players. Your middle-of-the-night-pee-breakers. Because we get it—your dog is family. And when you can’t be there, you can trust us to keep your dog happy, healthy, and sweet as ever. But it’s not just about dog love. Rover is also an award-winning technology business committed to making pet care safe, easy, and affordable so that everyone can experience the unconditional love of a dog. So for the frequent butt-sniffers, the sock-stealers, the table-side beggars and the clicker-trained champions: We’re your people. And for the world travelers, the long-day-at-work-ers, the business-trip jetsetters, the swing-shift survivors: We’re your people, too. Whatever you and your dog are into, we’re into it, too. And we’ve got your back. Anytime. Anywhere.
Want to learn more about Rover.com? Visit Rover.com's website.
The social news and entertainment company.