If you have a passion for high performance computing then come be part of the DevOps team that supports real time, high volume (75+ Billion Transactions a day), complex advertising and bidding network, jobs running on a large Hadoop data warehouse and a host of other technical problems waiting to be solved. As a member of the DevOps team you must be able to ask the right questions, understand the business and technical requirements of internal and external clients, and then translate those needs into actionable items for execution in conjunction with other cross-functional team members.
We are looking for Engineers early in their career to Sr. level. Members of the TechOps team are embedded with the application development teams they support, working directly with them using scrum methodologies. The goal is to support the needs of the customer, while ensuring the operational standards and best practices are adhered to. We are geared to support stability, scalability and outstanding service across the entire organization.
The mission of the Technical Operations team is to build and operate data centers containing thousands of servers across several continents. We are responsible for the building and maintenance of data centers, inventory management, monitoring services development, platform integration and management, capacity planning, global traffic management, release management, application and development support, network support and troubleshooting.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure the operational integrity of the global infrastructure
- Build and expand infrastructure capacity at remote Data Centers
- Perform deployments and maintenance to implement code, architecture and configurations changes
- Provide support and diagnose issues to other teams related to our infrastructure
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Develop and maintain new health checks for system and application-level monitoring
What we look for:
- Strong linux experience
- 2-5 years of experience in a high volume 24x7 shop
- Experience managing hundreds or thousands of servers
- Configuration Management with Puppet, Chef or similar systems
- Scripting in bash, perl, python or other scripting languages
- Enjoy automating tasks, rather than repeating them
- Strong knowledge of Internet building blocks (TCP, DNS, HTTP)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Comfortable collaborating and supporting a diverse team of engineers
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in complex systems
- Flexible working hours and ability to participate in 24/7 on call support with other team members.
- Familiarity with monitoring/alerting tools such as Graphite, Nagios, Pingdom, Catchpoint, and PagerDuty
Above & Beyond perks/benefits:
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of medical, dental and vision plans to cover you and your loved ones at very low costs.
- Take time for yourself: Take what you need -- our vacation days are unlimited. We also have a 1 week Summer Break and 10 day Winter Break which is paid for!
- Invest in your future: Participate in our employee stock purchase program that allows you to share in the company’s success (and at a discount!). If you’re looking to save even more, we encourage you to take advantage of our 401(k) match program.
- Enjoy your stay: Each Rubicon Project office enjoys a variety of benefits like daily catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and free vending machines.
About Rubicon Project
OUR MISSION IS TO KEEP THE INTERNET FREE AND OPEN AND FUEL ITS GROWTH BY MAKING IT EASY AND SAFE TO BUY AND SELL ADVERTISING. Founded in 2007, Rubicon Project’s pioneering technology created a new model for the advertising industry. Today, our automated advertising platform is used by the world’s leading publishers and applications to transact with top brands around the globe enabling them to reach more than 1 billion consumers. Rubicon Project is a publicly traded company (NYSE: RUBI) headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Want to learn more about Rubicon Project? Visit Rubicon Project's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Account Specialist
Distribution Center (DC) Equipment Operator- SIGNING BONUS!
Brooks Running, US, Indiana, Whitestown
User-Perception Software Engineer - Embedded Algorithms
Magic Leap, Inc., Tel Aviv, Israel
Operations Program Manager
Optometrist (Sublease), Green Hills
Warby Parker, Nashville, TN
Manager, Customer Operations
Convoy, Seattle, Washington