If you have a passion for high performance computing, and love solving difficult scalability problems, then come be part of the Header Bidding engineering group here at Rubicon Project, and build globally distributed back-end systems that handle over 100 billion transactions a day. This core team is working on a major product initiative that will help revolutionize the industry and this role is a key piece to the team. We are ideally looking for an up an coming Senior Level Engineer with the right technical foundation to hit the ground running while gaining many new skills along their career path.
Founded in 2007, Rubicon Project’s pioneering technology created a new model for the advertising industry. Today, our automated advertising platform is used by the world’s leading publishers and applications to transact with top brands around the globe enabling them to reach more than 1 billion consumers. Rubicon Project is a publicly traded company (NYSE: RUBI) headquartered in Los Angeles, California with Engineering offices in SF, Seattle, Bozeman MT, Boston, NYC, and NJ.
What you will be doing:
- Design and implement complex, scalable, distributed, high throughput and low latency Header Bidding backend systems
- Translate business requirements into technical designs and project plans
- Review code and software designed by the team, including delivery process, technical documentation, and test strategy
- Respond to feature requests, bug reports, performance issues, and ad-hoc questions
- Support operations teams with deployments, debugging production issues and tuning applications
- Balance high-quality development with pragmatism and rapid delivery of products
- Support a culture of mutual mentoring, educating and supporting team members around the globe
What we look for:
- STRONG TEAM CULTURE
- 10+ years of software development experience, and a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent
- Core competencies in Java 8, Asynchronous/multi-threaded programming, Spring Boot, Reactive Frameworks like Vert.x (Akka or Ratpack), Linux, Kafka, MySQL, Redis, Docker, Jenkins
- Experience in designing and implementing highly scalable, distributed, high throughput and low latency systems
- Strong knowledge of HTTP protocol
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- You have experience in programmatic online advertising technologies like Header Bidding
- You have implemented systems on AWS
- You have experience in caching frameworks
- You have experience in architecting distributed systems
- You have experience in participating in development of open source code
- You are comfortable using JIRA, Confluence in Agile environments
- You have worked with multi-cultural distributed/remote teams
What's in it for you:
- Take time for yourself: Take what you need -- our vacation days are unlimited and we close down the week of 4th of July and last 10 days of the year that is paid for as well.
- Perks/Benefits: We have a very low-cost medical insurance program for you and your family. In addition, you have access to very good 401K match program.
About Rubicon Project
OUR MISSION IS TO KEEP THE INTERNET FREE AND OPEN AND FUEL ITS GROWTH BY MAKING IT EASY AND SAFE TO BUY AND SELL ADVERTISING. Founded in 2007, Rubicon Project’s pioneering technology created a new model for the advertising industry. Today, our automated advertising platform is used by the world’s leading publishers and applications to transact with top brands around the globe enabling them to reach more than 1 billion consumers. Rubicon Project is a publicly traded company (NYSE: RUBI) headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Want to learn more about Rubicon Project? Visit Rubicon Project's website.
Jobs You May Like
Consultant, Professional Services - SF
Looker, San Francisco
Embedded Software Engineer
Senior Distributed Systems Engineer - Insights Engineering - RADAR
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Software Engineer, iOS
Kiva, Portland, OR / San Francisco, CA
Software Development Tech Lead - Text iQ Extensions
Qualtrics, Provo, Utah
Electrical Engineer - Automation, Control and Power Systems
Zipline, South San Francisco, CA