Magnite is the world’s largest independent sell-side platform. We were built by combining Rubicon Project’s programmatic expertise and Telaria’s talents in CTV. We help publishers sell advertising on their terms and connect with buyers across every channel and format. We believe in keeping tech transparent, solutions collaborative, and guidance unconflicted. The ticker symbol for the combined public entity is NASDAQ: MGNI.
Every day, as a company we serve 100+ billions of ads, process large Petabytes of data and provide valuable data and insights to our publishers and buyers. Every month our systems are used by 200+ million people around the world. You will be working hands-on and leading a team that is focused on the architecture of, and process innovation around, the application at the forefront of this real-time processing.
We are looking for a Manager with hands on Software Engineering skills to lead a growing team of enthusiastic engineers on our core ad-serving system. We want someone who is unafraid to take responsibility, and is passionate, fast and detail-oriented in their work. You will spend roughly half the time technically hands-on, and the other half on designing, coaching and planning with the leadership team and the engineers on your own team. If this sounds like you, or the engineer you want to be, we want to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Be an end-to-end owner of mission-critical systems, making sure our customers' needs are met.
- Translate business requirements into technical designs and project plans.
- Write production-ready code and unit tests that meet both system and business requirements.
- Respond to feature requests, bug reports, performance issues and ad-hoc questions.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software.
- Support operation of services in production.
- Line manager of other developers.
What we are looking for:
- 7+ years’ production coding experience in C/C++.
- Experience building and operating large-scale, high-traffic enterprise server applications.
- Experience leading an engineering team.
- 2+ years' experience in the advertising industry is a huge plus
- Expertise programming SQL queries and stored procedures (MySQL is a plus).
- Production coding experience in Perl (Bash scripting is a plus).
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with the HTTP protocol including headers.
- Familiarity with C/C++ networking libraries.
- Minimum of B.S. in CS/EE, Math, Physics or a related science required.
- Career growth opportunities: We encourage you to carve your own path across the organization and provide opportunities to grow professionally
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of low cost medical, dental and vision plans to cover you and your loved ones with a multitude of options. In addition, we offer Basic Life and Disability Coverage provided at no cost to you
- Perks: Discounts to major name brand items, Travel benefit options, plus much more!
About Rubicon Project
OUR MISSION IS TO KEEP THE INTERNET FREE AND OPEN AND FUEL ITS GROWTH BY MAKING IT EASY AND SAFE TO BUY AND SELL ADVERTISING. Founded in 2007, Rubicon Project’s pioneering technology created a new model for the advertising industry. Today, our automated advertising platform is used by the world’s leading publishers and applications to transact with top brands around the globe enabling them to reach more than 1 billion consumers. Rubicon Project is a publicly traded company (NYSE: RUBI) headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Want to learn more about Rubicon Project? Visit Rubicon Project's website.
The best bed for better sleep