Join our team as an Account Director, Agency Development in New York City, NY.
We’re Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI), the world’s largest independent sell-side advertising platform. Publishers use our technology to monetize their content across all screens and formats including CTV, online video, display, and audio. The world's leading agencies and brands trust our platform to access brand-safe, high-quality ad inventory and execute billions of advertising transactions each month. In April 2021, we acquired SpotX to further enhance our CTV business and better help our clients in this rapidly growing market. Anchored in sunny Los Angeles, bustling New York City, mile high Denver, historic London, and down under in Sydney, Magnite has offices across North America, EMEA, LATAM, and APAC.
As an Account Director, Agency Development you will represent strategic publishers and structure/negotiate high profile private market deals with your buyer relationships. By structuring programmatic private market deals between premium publishers and specialty brands, you will be laying the groundwork for the future of publisher direct negotiations and execution at scale.
In this role, you will generate/maintain a robust pipeline of agency-based advertiser opportunities across a specified list of accounts and establish strong relationships and demonstrate thought leadership/industry expertise to solve business problems for your clients.
As the Account Director, you will:
- Understand, build, and manage relationships with digital advertising agency buyers
- Actively track sales pipeline and meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Evangelize all buying techniques utilized through our programmatic infrastructure
- Create unique and customized media plans for high profile programmatic buyers
- Analyze market trends, and client needs to create and pitch unique/customized media plans to digital media buyers through Managed Service (direct IO) deals
- Drive formal RFP responses for your client prospects
- Understand new publisher inventory options & product offerings to educate/consult digital advertising agency buyers
- Monitor partner's business results, making recommendations for improvements to increase penetration for the strategic partners.
- Work to secure, conduct and win client prospect meetings and manage them from initiation to close deals
- Performs other sales- related duties as assigned by management
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excel, Google Suite, Salesforce, and Analytics Platform/Data Evaluation experience
- 4 to 8 years of adtech sales / consulting / Agency experience with large digital advertising agencies on the West Coast
- An experienced sales hunter who can leverage their existing contacts with holding companies on theWest Coast to build a substantial book of business
- Solid experience within the online advertising space, specifically Online Video & OTT
- Programmatic selling or buying experience
- High level of integrity, excellent presentation, organizational and communication skills
- A proven track record delivering on and exceeding revenue goals from multiple accounts
- Strong active listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand complex products, services, and deal structures
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Perks/Benefits: Equity and Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pension and Retirement Savings Plan in Several Countries, Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits for You and Your Family, Generous Time Off, Holiday Breaks and Summer Fridays, Family-Focused Leave Benefits, and Cell Phone Subsidy
- Invest in You: Performance Management, and Investment in Diversity Initiatives, Bonusly Peer-to-Peer Recognition Program, Turning Recognition into Tangible Perks and Magnite Swag, Community Service Events, Wellness Coach—Meditate and Recharge with an Unlimited User Account for You and a Plus One
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
About Rubicon Project
OUR MISSION IS TO KEEP THE INTERNET FREE AND OPEN AND FUEL ITS GROWTH BY MAKING IT EASY AND SAFE TO BUY AND SELL ADVERTISING. Founded in 2007, Rubicon Project’s pioneering technology created a new model for the advertising industry. Today, our automated advertising platform is used by the world’s leading publishers and applications to transact with top brands around the globe enabling them to reach more than 1 billion consumers. Rubicon Project is a publicly traded company (NYSE: RUBI) headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Want to learn more about Rubicon Project? Visit Rubicon Project's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.