Product Manager, Demand Manager
Rubicon Project, New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA
See jobs at Rubicon Project
Join our team as a Product Manager in Los Angeles, CA or New York City, NY.
We’re Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI), the world’s largest independent sell-side advertising platform. Publishers use our technology to monetize their content across all screens and formats including CTV, online video, display, and audio. The world's leading agencies and brands trust our platform to access brand-safe, high-quality ad inventory and execute billions of advertising transactions each month. In April 2021, we acquired SpotX to further enhance our CTV business and better help our clients in this rapidly growing market. Anchored in sunny Los Angeles, bustling New York City, mile high Denver, historic London, and down under in Sydney, Magnite has offices across North America, EMEA, LATAM, and APAC.
If you are a Product Manager looking for the next step in your career and looking to help shake up an industry, then we have the right role for you at Magnite! We are AdTech pioneers that operate platforms processing trillions of transactions every month. Through adoption of our flagship header bidding management product, Demand Manager, we are at the cutting edge of helping the largest publishers in the world generate revenue from their websites. This is a great opportunity for someone who got their start at a smaller company and is looking to plug in to the pulse of a scaled, successful firm who is driving the direction of the industry. It’s a chance to steer the ship, not be driven by the winds of the decision makers.
The Product Manager will lead the design and execution of our header bidding and header bidding adjacent products and features at Magnite, with special emphasis on Demand Manager and its various tools and workflows. You will work closely with the Product, Engineering, Revenue and Marketing Organizations to bring groundbreaking and innovative systems to market. The Product Manager is a miniature business leader -- making investment decisions on behalf of the company while weighing costs with opportunities. We are looking for people who are as comfortable in the minutiae as they are in the high level vision of the industry, ready to build the future of the free internet through our monetization tools.
What you'll be doing:
- Understand the header bidding ecosystem and function as a consultant on the various technologies.
- Work with the key stakeholders to define, develop and execute the vision, roadmap, requirements, and performance metrics for our deals offering.
- Act as a subject matter expert for all things header bidding and communicate Magnite’s various offerings both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with product teams and engineers to bring solutions to market on time and within budget.
- Communicate with the relevant revenue and client facing teams to understand bugs, features, and small enhancements in addition to major projects.
- Surface technical and scope trade-offs required to allow Business Team to make informed decisions
- Negotiate with Development Managers, Project Managers and other Product Managers on features and functionalities to be included in each release.
- Effectively model the expected revenue for various products to inform roadmap prioritization and investments
- Commercialize and effectively coach the rest of the company on how to communicate the value of your projects and products
What we're looking for:
- Strong domain expertise in header bidding is required
- Understanding of the online display, mobile, and video advertising space from the publisher, exchange, and buy-side perspective Experience with Prebid.JS will be an important part of the role
- Understanding of the software development process and experience making design trade-offs
- 2+ years of experience in digital media, ad tech and/or software product management working in cross-functional environments on large scale enterprise platforms
- Be comfortable using browser tools to inspect implementations of header bidding on publisher pages
- Knowledge and understanding of software development best practices, digital content management and delivery, ad server technology, analytics platforms and general web development technologies across multiple platforms and device types
- An ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization, ranging from detailed product documentation for engineering to developing training materials and presentations for sales
- Experience in startup environments where a new product was taken to market successfully is a plus
- Relevant degree(s) and/or related work experience: Technical background is a plus - BS/MS in Science and business or equivalent hands on experience indicating strong technical AND business background
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Perks/Benefits: Equity and Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pension and Retirement Savings Plan in Several Countries, Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits for You and Your Family, Generous Time Off, Holiday Breaks and Summer Fridays, Family-Focused Leave Benefits, and Cell Phone Subsidy
- Invest in You: Performance Management, and Investment in Diversity Initiatives, Bonusly Peer-to-Peer Recognition Program, Turning Recognition into Tangible Perks and Magnite Swag, Community Service Events, Wellness Coach—Meditate and Recharge with an Unlimited User Account for You and a Plus One
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
About Rubicon Project
OUR MISSION IS TO KEEP THE INTERNET FREE AND OPEN AND FUEL ITS GROWTH BY MAKING IT EASY AND SAFE TO BUY AND SELL ADVERTISING. Founded in 2007, Rubicon Project’s pioneering technology created a new model for the advertising industry. Today, our automated advertising platform is used by the world’s leading publishers and applications to transact with top brands around the globe enabling them to reach more than 1 billion consumers. Rubicon Project is a publicly traded company (NYSE: RUBI) headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Want to learn more about Rubicon Project? Visit Rubicon Project's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Software Engineer (Remote - must be based in South Africa)
Kurtosys, Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa