Director, Product Management, Marketplace (Deals)
Rubicon Project, Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY
See jobs at Rubicon Project
Director, Product Management (Los Angeles,CA or New York City, NY or Bloomfield, CO, or Boston,MA)
Magnite is the world’s largest independent sell-side platform. We were built by combining Rubicon Project’s programmatic expertise and Telaria and SpotX’s talents in CTV. We help publishers sell advertising on their terms and connect with buyers across every channel and format. We believe in keeping tech transparent, solutions collaborative, and guidance unconflicted. The ticker symbol for the combined public entity will be NASDAQ: MGNI.
The Director, Product Management will lead the design and execution of deals products and features at Magnite. You will work closely with Customers, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering to bring leading edge products to market. In this role you will lead various teams through weeds and forests to the destination. We are looking for people who fear no detail, have a passion for understanding and improving existing technologies to pave the way for innovative breakthroughs in ad tech with a strong drive to action and results.
As the Product Management Director, you will:
- Provide authoritative insight on the digital advertising space and surface customer product needs. Develop a comprehensive go to market strategy using research data and financial planning to assess position, path, and execution.
- Work with the Product Marketing and Commercialization teams to develop efficient roll out plans for new products and features.
- Create framework to analyze the competitive landscape, potential partnerships and opportunities
- Collaborate with marketing, product and engineering to bring solutions to market on time and within budget.
- Own backlog grooming and prioritization while collaborating with stakeholders
- Negotiate with Development Managers, Project Managers and other Product Managers on features and functionalities to be included in each release.
- Perform detailed analysis on existing and new functions and features to make informed, data driven suggestions and decisions.
- Work with the engineering team to develop product specifications, data flows and tracking requirements. Work with the Sales team to support GTM planning and produce necessary supporting documentation.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of experience in digital media, ad tech and/or software product management working in complex cross-functional environments on large scale enterprise platforms.
- Be able to conceptually understand a variety of programming languages commonly used in ad tech, online publishing and mobile.
- Deep expertise and understanding of the programmatic advertising space from a publisher, exchange and buy-side perspective.
- Extensive experience in programmatic deals: auction packages, pmp, programmatic guaranteed and all the ways buyers and sellers work together to deliver exceptional ad experiences for consumers.
- Healthy knowledge and/or fear of the identity space within programmatic advertising.
- Understanding of existing tech platforms servicing the digital advertising space and evolution to and beyond various versions of streaming services and other distribution channels, VPAID, VAST
- Experience in video advertising, APIs and industry standards is a strong plus.
- Strong domain expertise in yield management for publishers and all of the companies in that value chain (ad server, SSP, DSP, buyer, brand, ad server)
- Past demonstrated success managing complex products and integrations in medium to large organizations. Experience in startup environments where a new product was taken to market successfully is a plus.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of software development best practices, digital content management and delivery, ad server technology, analytics platforms and general web development technologies across multiple platforms and device types.
- An ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization, ranging from detailed product documentation for engineering to executive level presentation skills to developing sales training materials.
- Relevant degree(s) and/or related work experience: Technical background is a plus - BS/MS in Science and business or equivalent hands on experience indicating strong technical AND business background.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Perks/Benefits: Equity and Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pension and Retirement Savings Plan in Several Countries, Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits for You and Your Family, Generous Time Off, Holiday Breaks and Summer Fridays, Family-Focused Leave Benefits, and Cell Phone Subsidy
- Invest in You: Performance Management, and Investment in Diversity Initiatives, Bonusly Peer-to-Peer Recognition Program, Turning Recognition into Tangible Perks and Magnite Swag, Community Service Events, Wellness Coach—Meditate and Recharge with an Unlimited User Account for You and a Plus One
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
About Rubicon Project
OUR MISSION IS TO KEEP THE INTERNET FREE AND OPEN AND FUEL ITS GROWTH BY MAKING IT EASY AND SAFE TO BUY AND SELL ADVERTISING. Founded in 2007, Rubicon Project’s pioneering technology created a new model for the advertising industry. Today, our automated advertising platform is used by the world’s leading publishers and applications to transact with top brands around the globe enabling them to reach more than 1 billion consumers. Rubicon Project is a publicly traded company (NYSE: RUBI) headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Want to learn more about Rubicon Project? Visit Rubicon Project's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.