This field based CTO role within the Rubrik is a high impact position with responsibilities including supporting strategic sales opportunities with account teams, closely following industry trends and direction to shape engineering and product priorities, and regularly evangelizing Rubrik solutions and roadmaps as one of our thought leading technical experts with customers, at industry conferences, tradeshows, and with industry press and analysts. It is a unique role for the well rounded technologist at heart with a functional Data Management background who possesses deep industry knowledge in this space and a passion for evangelizing. Our high performing Field CTO team is comprised of Engineers and Technologists who take tremendous pride in maintaining technical depth and breadth in their areas of expertise and in playing a highly influential role with our customers, our internal product and solution teams, and the industry at large. This person will be involved with technology demos, product evaluations and competitiv
The role requires dynamic and engaging communications and presentation skills; verbal, written and visual. The successful candidate is someone able to engage and influence a varied audience, from C-level to managerial as well as internal product and engineering teams, and extract information that can be used by the sales team in future engagements. While based in the US, frequent travel to all areas within the US and occasional travel outside (i.e. international) is required.
• Engineering / CS / MIS Degree (Bachelor’s minimum; graduate work preferred) or 10+ years of relevant industry experience
• Recent Data Management or Storage experience in an end user or in relevant industry vendor role strongly preferred
• Ability to interact with and influence Sr Executives within the Fortune 1000.
• Experience in a client-facing role explaining strategic and tactical concepts to customers required.
• Able to adeptly have a conversation with executives and then switching to a very technical conversation around solutions and features.
• Understanding design concepts for scale-out and distributing computing architectures desired
• Ability to act as an industry and solution thought leader in both customer and large industry conference settings
• Experience with cross-team/matrixed organizations influencing multiple stakeholders preferred
• Ability to travel up to 60%
Rubrik is a cloud data management platform. They manage data and computing systems for large companies with operations spanning multiple compute clouds. Their goal is giving complex enterprise systems the simple interface of a consumer application.