Member of Technical Staff, Core Security
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Bringing Speed and Scale to the Enterprise
Rubrik is creating the cloud data management space. We make it easy for businesses to protect, search, secure, and analyze all of their data simply and scalably. As cloud continues to grow at an astounding rate, we’ll be solving some of its most interesting challenges while building a product unlike anything seen before. This is a massive challenge and we’re just getting started so there is a lot of opportunity for personal growth and contribution.
Our Software Engineers are self-starters, driven and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge you to do your best work.
The Product Security team is responsible for making sure our products are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about security and helping us build features that will protect our customer’s data.
- You’ll design, implement and evolve critical high quality, scalable software systems
- You'll work on new security-related product features to make customer data more secure
- You’ll identify attack surfaces and build solutions to harden our Cloud Data Management platform (Polaris)
- You’ll review designs and implementations of general product features to ensure security best practices are followed
- You will evangelize secure coding practices across all engineering teams
- Degree in Computer Science
- Strong in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform/AWS or other public cloud technologies
- Ability to program across Golang, Java, Scala and scripting languages
- Proficiency in using applied cryptography to ensure privacy and integrity of data
- Proficiency in identifying common classes of vulnerabilities (e.g., OWASP Top 10)
- Good understanding of Linux internals, containers and virtualization
- Large distributed systems design and development experience is a bonus
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rubrik is a cloud data management platform. They manage data and computing systems for large companies with operations spanning multiple compute clouds. Their goal is giving complex enterprise systems the simple interface of a consumer application.