Founded in 2014 by engineers from Google, Facebook and Oracle, Rubrik has created a cloud data management platform that’s transforming how companies backup, restore, search, analyze and manage data both on-prem and in the cloud. Blending expertise from consumer and enterprise worlds, we’ve introduced a new, simple approach to the $48 billion legacy data backup and recovery market -- a space that hasn’t seen innovation in 20+ years. This is the reason Rubrik has raised over $292 million in funding from Silicon Valley’s top VCs and is growing faster than Arista Networks, Palo Alto Networks and Workday combined. At only five years old, we’re just getting started and have very ambitious goals.
We are seeking a Product Security Architect, who is a senior hands-on developer and will be responsible for driving Security Architecture and shaping Security strategy of the engineering organization. In this role, you will report to the VP & CISO of Rubrik, with visibility to our executive leadership team as well as our customers. You will be the lead for the team. This involves hiring and mentoring other team members, defining security integration into SDLC and researching/implementing/extending the necessary security tools, providing security best practices, reviewing existing services and infrastructure, build security frameworks across different programming languages and participate in design and architecture reviews, and implement security features. This role requires constant collaboration with other teams in engineering and security stakeholders outside engineering. Mission is to develop secure products and services while sustaining high-feature velocity and high quality and ensure that Rubrik meets customer security and compliance requirements.
- Define and drive Secure SDLC including training, security best practices, Security Architecture, Design/Code Reviews, Threat Modelling, Security Tools, Pen Testing, Incident Response.
- Research, Prototype, integrate Security Tools into CI/CD pipeline (Container Security, Static, Dynamic, Application Scanning, Third party Vulnerability Scanning, etc) with 100% coverage of all deployment/build pipelines. Build new tools and extend existing tools to bridge gaps in existing tools, leveraging technologies like Machine Learning.
- Perform security review of existing cloud infrastructure and establish processes to ensure that all production code gets a review.
- Shape and define the product security function for Rubrik
- 10+ years of software development experience in multiple programming languages
- Proven track record of successful collaboration with cross functional teams to improve product and service security
- Excellent communication skills and strong ability to clearly articulate security content and risks, and mitigation.
- Attitude of providing "value add" and simplifying developer life is critical Desired additional competencies/requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in Product Security, specifically reviewing Designs and Threat Modeling for cloud services.
- Experience identifying and protecting against web application and web service security vulnerabilities & threats and ways to mitigate them,
- Designed and Implemented significant components and features related to Security. Some of the security areas are Cryptography, PKI, Network Security, IAM and Threat Management
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rubrik is a cloud data management platform. They manage data and computing systems for large companies with operations spanning multiple compute clouds. Their goal is giving complex enterprise systems the simple interface of a consumer application.
Want to learn more about Rubrik? Visit Rubrik's website.
Jobs You May Like
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
Thumbtack, San Francisco
Vestiaire Collective, Paris
Implementation Specialist - Network Discovery Products
Samanage, Cary, North Carolina
Sr. Staff Software Engineer - Connex / Base24
Visa, Highlands Ranch CO, US
Senior Industrial Design Engineer
4Catalyzer, Guilford CT, US