Rubrik is creating the cloud data management space. We provide scalable solutions that make it possible for businesses to protect, search, secure, and analyze the data they have, both on their premises and in the cloud, simply and effectively. With both data and computing migrating to the cloud at an astounding rate, we are solving the most interesting problems of working in the cloud while building products unlike any seen before. This is a massive challenge, and we are just getting started, so there is a lot of opportunity for personal growth and contribution.
To help meet this challenge, Rubrik seeks technical writers that enjoy mastering new technologies, that are self-starters, and that are driven to excel. As an early member of our small and rapidly growing writing team you will get the chance to work with a broad range of cutting edge technologies. You will also play a significant role in shaping the information strategies that will help Rubrik continue to innovate in the cloud space.
- Create and revise software and hardware product documentation.
- Lead documentation projects and provide guidance and support for involved writers.
- Anticipate and proactively address challenges individually and for the team.
- Contribute to the development and achievement of organizational goals.
- Accept responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of documentation.
- Facilitate team work and collaboration.
- Take responsibility for the documentation portion of the user experience.
- Write high quality technical content that effectively communicates complex information clearly and concisely, and without jargon.
- Work together with engineers, designers, architects, and product managers to obtain source information.
- Coordinate closely with the other members of the writing team to ensure consistency in detail, style, and presentation.
- Manage the production, publication, and life cycle of technical information.
- Eagerly work hands-on with Rubrik products and features to ensure that the technical content you produce provides the very best user experience.
- BA degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, a related writing-oriented field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience writing technical content.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- A strong advocate of user satisfaction.
- Enthusiastic team member with effective social skills.
- Openness to change and innovation.
- History of working to find solutions to problems.
- Understanding of the business requirements of technical documentation.
- Ability to manage project assignments.
- Comfortable with rapid paced and dynamic software development.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of all processes and procedures for document creation, including conversion, organization, and writing coordination.
- Ability to effectively communicate in group settings, and effectively interview subject matter experts.
- Ability to interpret and understand design and test specifications, design diagrams and engineering schematics to ensure complete and accurate documentation.
- Knowledge of markup languages, such as markdown, XML, and HTML.
- Experience with enterprise bug tracking systems.
- Author level competency with Adobe FrameMaker and Acrobat.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and concepts.
- Author level experience with DITA.
- Experience writing about cloud networking tasks and situations.
- Experience writing about computer networking tasks and situations.
- Experience with database software.
- Experience with Git.
Rubrik is a cloud data management platform. They manage data and computing systems for large companies with operations spanning multiple compute clouds. Their goal is giving complex enterprise systems the simple interface of a consumer application.