ABOUT THE TEAM
Rubrik is looking for an experienced Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to join our team. The EPM is responsible for planning, management and execution of several major technical programs concurrently for the Engineering Organization across our portfolio of cloud data management products.
ABOUT THE JOB
The qualified candidate will not only have strong technical program management experience, but also experience with process development and implementation in a SaaS and Agile environment. You will be the point person for clarifying project level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. You are not only able to develop and drive strategic initiatives, but can also dig in, and get the job done employing both a strategic and tactical approach which is a requirement for this role.
The EPM must be capable of juggling multiple concurrent, and often conflicting, priorities; achieving results through logic, communication, business judgment and personal relationships; and ultimately delivering products of the highest quality.
- 5+ years of engineering program or project management experience
- Capable of strong individual contribution and influence across non-direct reporting teams
- Proven track record of managing large-scale, complex, cross functional technical initiatives.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Software product development and release management experience for SaaS enterprise software.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Hands-on experience with Jira.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in engineering or another technical field.
- Experience in a high growth business environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Agile product development methodologies
- Familiarity with product development methods, tools and processes.
- Ability to decompose complex problems, grasp the core issues and lead cross-organizational resolution.
- Ability to understand technical components to be able to effectively manage projects and programs.
- Ability to perform effectively in a startup or loosely structured environment.
- Creative problem solving skills, negotiation skills, effective interaction with senior management.
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rubrik is a cloud data management platform. They manage data and computing systems for large companies with operations spanning multiple compute clouds. Their goal is giving complex enterprise systems the simple interface of a consumer application.
Want to learn more about Rubrik? Visit Rubrik's website.
The best bed for better sleep