Software Engineer - Developer Productivity
Bringing Speed and Scale to the Enterprise
ABOUT THE TEAM
As a member of the Engineering Platform and Developer Productivity team at Rubrik, you will be focused on solving challenging frameworks, scalability & stability problems that will enable the company to deliver a product at high-scale without compromising on quality, velocity, and coding standards*. Rubrik positions you with a unique opportunity to innovate as we scale our organization to support a rapidly increasing customer base and engineering organization. As our products add more features and functionalities to the portfolio, you will be provided with more unique and diverse problems that require innovation that will help in accelerating your career.
An ideal candidate for this role will have interest, background, and experience in DevOps, Tooling, system administration and release engineering. The candidate is passionate about providing world class customer service with a sharp focus on deploying and managing a reliable, robust, high quality software CI/CD pipeline infrastructure and their associated services. The successful candidate should have experience working on large scale software development within complex multi-platform environments and in-depth knowledge with VMWare technologies, tooling and services (Jenkins, Artifactory, Git) & latest container technologies (Kubernetes and docker). He/she demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills across project and functional teams. Collaboration, creativity, friendliness, availability and patience are important traits required to succeed in this role.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Provide operational support of the entire suite of infrastructure and services that are the bedrock of the entire engineering platform organization, ensure high availability and performance.
- Use technical analysis and metrics to assess the scalability, reliability and maturity of the engineering infrastructure.
- Participate in the development of Jenkins 2.0 release pipeline by writing shared libraries for testing and other common functionalities across product lines
- Provide timely, world class operational support for requests from all stakeholders including; software development, testing, IT. Typical requests would cover; CI/CD pipeline systems, branching, Docker, Artifactory, build systems and testing across multiple platform environments.
- Provide recommendations to monitor and improve engineering infrastructure.
- Drive improvements of tools used for continuous integration, automated testing and diagnostics, and release management.
- Identify issues, collaborate with stakeholders on solutions and provide follow-up on the implementation.
- Analyze, adapt, and evangelize CI/CD pipelines and release processes to support various product lines.
● BS/BE degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience with 2+ years of Industry experience
● Excellent follow up and communication skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
● Experience with virtualization technology, e.g. VMWare, experience with Linux and windows administration
● Experience with version control and build and artifacts management tools, e.g. Git, Perforce, Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory.
● Experience with container technology – Docker, Kubernetes or UCP, especially Kubernetes administration.
● Coding experience in: Bash and Python and familiarity with REST services
● Experience with Cloud platforms: AWS, GCP, Azure
● Adept at working with teams of highly talented individuals.
● Experience with multiple OS environments - Linux, Windows, Mac OSX, various Unix flavors.
● Experience with multiple build tools - GCC, Visual Studio, Xcode, Bazel and Make
● Background in DevOps, Release Engineering, SWE, SRE
● Experience in managing the CI/CD lifecycle in a cloud and on-prem environment, familiar with deployment and provisioning tools such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef
● Experience with troubleshooting python/C/C++ builds.
Rubrik is one of the fastest-growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection, and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rubrik is a cloud data management platform. They manage data and computing systems for large companies with operations spanning multiple compute clouds. Their goal is giving complex enterprise systems the simple interface of a consumer application.
Want to learn more about Rubrik? Visit Rubrik's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.