Senior Manager, Engineering - SaaS Data Protection Infrastructure
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Bringing Speed and Scale to the Enterprise
About Team & About Role:
As the Sr. Manager of Engineering, you will be responsible for our data protection infrastructure that powers data disaster recovery product line for SaaS services such as M365, Salesforce.com, and G-Suite. You will assume the responsibilities of an existing and growing team that spans both Palo Alto and Bangalore.
What You’ll Do:
You are someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and has a track record of technical expertise and management responsibility. You will be responsible for driving your team to work closely across multiple engineering areas. As we drive forward for the success of our customers you will hold the team accountable to achieve goals of engineering excellence and product value.
You will be in high demand and this role requires a strong leader who brings a ton of empathy while holding the line of high quality, frequent product releases. Provide enough structure to bring about prioritization of work that has the biggest impact for Rubrik’s customers while allowing flexibility, empowerment of teams to deliver beyond our customers’ expectations.
Experience You’ll Need:
- Derive and drive the roadmap with key stakeholders and vendors.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement with a metrics driven culture
- You are a strategic thinker as it relates to scale and removing obstacles from the loop. You thrive when operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of services to defined SLA’s.
- You distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
- You represent your customers’ perspectives. You plan for how they will be impacted by the services you build, and you always work to enable their success.
- Lead and grow a team of passionate engineers across multiple geographies. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- Help employees grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives; retain top talent.
- Experience with SaaS enterprise software development built and delivered on any of AWS or Azure or GCP.
- Experience running engineering storage, compute and infrastructure teams that work on SaaS and On-prem enterprise platforms.
- Experience hiring and developing teams within an existing organization to work side-by-side with other teams
- Developing team identity, empowering direct reports and building career growth options for your team
- Experience working directly with customers and vendors.
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes
- BS CS/EE or equivalent with 12+ years of industry experience, of which 5+ years is in Engineering Management
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Rubrik is a rapidly expanding global company headquartered in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging hybrid and multi-cloud world. We are a leader in cloud data management, enabling enterprises to maximize value from data that is increasingly fragmented across data centers and the cloud. Enterprises choose Rubrik to help develop ransomware remediation strategies, simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Rubrik is a cloud data management platform. They manage data and computing systems for large companies with operations spanning multiple compute clouds. Their goal is giving complex enterprise systems the simple interface of a consumer application.
Want to learn more about Rubrik? Visit Rubrik's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.