Sr. Manager, Engineering - Disaster Recovery
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Bringing Speed and Scale to the Enterprise
About Team & About Role:
AppFlows is chartered to innovate the brand new Disaster Recovery as a Service offering at Rubrik. We are on a mission to build an industry leading advanced platform that moves any application from and to any location, including to and across all leading Cloud computing platforms, such as AWS, Azure and GCP. This is a great opportunity if you are looking for building an innovative cloud solution from the ground up.
Our engineers are self-starters, driven and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge you to do your best work. We encourage each engineer to try out new ideas. A lot of such ideas have become our products. You'll take on both business and technical challenges by innovating on new areas of the business while developing end-to-end features and strengthening the architecture/platform.
What You’ll Do:
Responsible for the Rubrik Disaster Recovery as a Service offering:
- Hold system architecture reviews to enable deep dive conversation with senior staff engineers on pros/cons of various engineering approaches
- Help define the business and product roadmap for the security suite
- Collaborate with product, marketing and sales to drive product revenue and grow the business
Lead development of the security product
- Identify creative technical solutions for large scale enterprise and cloud computing problems
- Develop and evolve development processes that enables engineers delivering at high velocity and quality
Build/grow team and organization
- Build the culture of trust and be a champion of Rubrik’s RIVET culture
- Build and grow the development teams across geographies.
- Mentor, coach and grow employees
Experience You’ll Need:
- Experience on leading and delivering v1 of products.
- Experience in leading Engineering Managers and Individual contributors in the same Org
- Experience in building teams and organizations across geographies.
- Experience in delivering complex Enterprise Systems and Cloud computing software products with iterative development methodologies.
- Developing team identity, empowering direct reports and building career growth options for your team.
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes.
- Prior experience on security/ransomware is a big plus.
- Experiences on machine learning, large distributed systems design and development experience is a bonus.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Rubrik is a rapidly expanding global company headquartered in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging hybrid and multi-cloud world. We are a leader in cloud data management, enabling enterprises to maximize value from data that is increasingly fragmented across data centers and the cloud. Enterprises choose Rubrik to help develop ransomware remediation strategies, simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Rubrik is a cloud data management platform. They manage data and computing systems for large companies with operations spanning multiple compute clouds. Their goal is giving complex enterprise systems the simple interface of a consumer application.
Want to learn more about Rubrik? Visit Rubrik's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.